Stopping neighbour's cannabis smell

he might only have one joint, just some people hate the smell that much, they may as well think hes burning ounces of the stuff

Gone metric now Mel.

Why would they tell the police they think their neighbour is a drug dealer if they don't think that's the case?

How would you feel if someone just informed the police that you had committed a crime if you hadn't ?

Is that also not illegal??

No doubt the guy is a user, but to make an official police report of drug dealing when there is no actual evidence is not a great idea.

I'm straight edge but weed is not an issue. Can't go around calling people junkies for smoking.

I opened the thread hoping to find solutions to a smell problem not really to discuss the act that was causing it.

The smell has been stopped at least for a while another neighbour also sick of the smell and the physical and mental threat to his children and the dangers of the example it sets allegedly resorted to violence and it appears alleged threats of a more rigorously applied 2nd dose has proved to be a sufficient deterrent for the junky to carry out his self abuse elsewhere.

Whilst I have mixed views about the applications of violence in all its forms I can't and wont complain about the result in this case

As a quick btw. I believe anyone that takes any stimulant they do not actually need on a daily basis, be it alchohol, nicotine or drugs is in my own opinion an addict, regardless of the amount. Any or all of said addictions may not necessarily always be a negative issue.

In that context I also observer that

Daily Alcohol users are called alcoholics

Daily tobacco users are called smokers

and

Daily drug users are called junkies.

That is just the way it is.

Do any above as far as I'm concerned if they don't affect me or mine.

---------- Post added 28-05-2018 at 12:24 ----------

smoke all his weed, problem solved, he cant smoke any then

if that was intended to be amusing.... it failed

---------- Post added 28-05-2018 at 12:26 ----------

I'm straight edge but weed is not an issue. Can't go around calling people junkies for smoking.

I call it like it is. And it was not just tobacco he was smoking it was an illegal drug, one of the more anti-social ones at that.

---------- Post added 28-05-2018 at 12:28 ----------

Live and let live.

Angel1.

When he does .. I will.

I have decided that I will use any legal means to stop him illegally adversely affecting the lives of others.

Fortunately the matter is for now resolved

---------- Post added 28-05-2018 at 12:38 ----------

If you want useful advice don't start throwing insults around yourself.

Where do you perceive that I have done that? Do tell.

Yea good luck with that one windbag,

Do you mean pathetic insults like that one ?

do you serious want the old bill to kick this blokes door in and drag him away for a grilling down the nick because he smokes cannabis in his own house???

That would be a very satisfactory outcome though I would rather he show some respect for others and abuse himself with his chosen substance in a manner which does not affect other people or his own family.

I wonder if you are suggesting that breaking any law is ok in your own house? Or just a few selected by you.

Some people call drugs gear, don't they Geared.

The nature of your post and your nickname make me wonder a few things about you actually.

Possession, intent to supply are crimes.

Ingesting or smoking are allowed as long as you don't possess it....

Once smoked it's gone.

Has there been any attempt to compromise or did you go in with the junkie line?

Once smoked it's gone.

I think we know the answer to that question...no compromise just threaten the poor sod with the sounds of it.

"I call it like it is. And it was not just tobacco he was smoking it was an illegal drug, one of the more anti-social ones at that."

Anyone would think he was doing heroin, I've never known cannabis to be ant-social, people who smoke it are laid back and sociable. But then if it was H they probably would be blissfully un-aware in most cases. Quite funny how people are quick to judge others, I bet they never even tried talking to him without prejudice :loopy:

Seriously, good luck with that.

You could try getting him on to spice! That’s non pungent and will send him in to zombie mode. Win win all round.

This is the best alternative to physically stopping the odour I have seen.

I'd even be willing to reimburse him his first few hits with that stuff.

---------- Post added 28-05-2018 at 13:37 ----------

Once smoked it's gone.

not sure about Internal Possession in the Uk or forensically establishing that drug use has taken place.. residues odours chemical traces etc

My whole approach from the outset to this person has been one of compromise. To no avail it appears to be impossible to communicate ones request and reasoning to what remains of such a drug fuddled mind.

Fortunately a neighbour has allegedly found a convincing method of explanation that seems to have worked and in currently enduring. Perhaps his prescription pain meds are blocking his need for his illegal gear.

So you've been and threatened the bloke with violence to force the matter??

If this escalates and he puts your windows though, it sounds like you deserve it to be honest.

Violence begets violence.

So you've been and threatened the bloke with violence to force the matter??

If this escalates and he puts your windows though, it sounds like you deserve it to be honest.

Violence begets violence.

I t seems yopu have not read my post or failed to understand it from your post i think it was the latter.

I will try to explain though I only usually bother with the hard of understanding professionally.

I have not used violence on the junky nor have I foolishly threatened the junky with violence ...another neighbour allegedly has.

Now try and pay attention

I HAVE NOT ie, NOT ME

ANOTHER NEIGHBOUR ie.. NOT ME BUT SOMEONE ELSE

ALLEGEDLY ie NOT PROVEN

If that has not cleared it up try asking a responsible adult for help

The windows in question are not mine and knowing this neighbour and some of his ALLEGED connections I think if the junky were to attempt use violence on the neighbour that has already ALLEGEDLY broke some of his bits he would be very very unwise

Like I said I have my reservations about the use of violence but I not have any complaints about what seems to be a violence related outcome.

Yes yes of course, you did nothing - a complete stranger did it all for you.

Yet you know all the details surrounding it??

Lets be honest you've decided this person is scum of the earth, you've been very vocal about such feelings.

Do you really think they don't know what you think or say about them????

I have not used violence on the junky nor have I foolishly threatened the junky with violence ...another neighbour allegedly has.

Now try and pay attention

I HAVE NOT ie, NOT ME

ANOTHER NEIGHBOUR ie.. NOT ME BUT SOMEONE ELSE

ALLEGEDLY ie NOT PROVEN

It's not allegedly ie not proven when you not only admit what happened you also go into detail about bits of him been broken, you even know the person who did it...is that not a criminal offence???