How do sewage works treat sewage?

How do sewage works treat sewage? Very badly, I believe.

they are awful, i heard they treat it like s**t :hihi:

Dratt !!! beaten me to it !!!:hihi:

Basically its diluted with water until it becomes fit to release into the river at the far side of Blackburn Meadows.

Tissues and other debris is removed first

Then its allowed to settle in the vats, solids are removed and sold for fertilizer.

More dilution and testing before flowing into the River Rother

Good description, but after the incoming product as you say the debris is removed and disposed off. The solids are filtered from the dirty water and are treated with Maccerators and Mono Munchers and sent to the sludge tanks, where oxegen is used to encorage bactera to feed and break down the harmfull elements of our waste.

The water is on older STW's is passed through the filter beds which contains coke and stones with bactera which filters it, this process takes time and the levels of PH are constantly monitored, before discharge to the river.

I know the site very well, some of the solids are sent to the incinerator on the site.

The main Sewer that goes into Blackburn from the town is large enough to drive a double decker through it.

The main Sewer that goes into Blackburn from the town is large enough to drive a double decker through it.

Now there's an idea for keeping buses off the road... :hihi:

You're all wrong.

Where do you think kebab meat comes from?:roll:

I read somewhere that sewage is consumed by millions of primitive life forms.

So you could be right.:hihi: