An 'almost' apology to the fundraiser at my door

Feel quite bad now as earlier on a charity representative (from St John's Ambulance I think) knocked on my door and I was pretty abrupt with her :( I was having contractions and I told her not right now, I'm in labour. Well, of course, this didn't deter her and she started to ask me if she could just talk to me about . . . I didn't let her finish and said no, I'd just like you to leave me alone, now isn't a good time :rant: Unfortunately my contractions have died off a bit and it seems my labour hasn't got going :rolleyes: and so now I feel mean and wish I'd not been so harsh. So, I'd almost like to apologise except what the hell does it take for these people to understand that you don't want to talk to them on your doorstep for twenty minutes?!! :huh: Now left just supremely p'd off that labour has stalled and and I have too much of a guilty conscience that I feel bad for my reaction. That really puts a whole new spin on charity workers working on your conscience ha :D

Dont worry about im sure they will have heard much worse and be pretty use to it,and you certainly had a good reason.

Feel quite bad now as earlier on a charity representative (from St John's Ambulance I think) knocked on my door and I was pretty abrupt with her :( I was having contractions and I told her not right now, I'm in labour. Well, of course, this didn't deter her and she started to ask me if she could just talk to me about . . . I didn't let her finish and said no, I'd just like you to leave me alone, now isn't a good time :rant: Unfortunately my contractions have died off a bit and it seems my labour hasn't got going :rolleyes: and so now I feel mean and wish I'd not been so harsh. So, I'd almost like to apologise except what the hell does it take for these people to understand that you don't want to talk to them on your doorstep for twenty minutes?!! :huh: Now left just supremely p'd off that labour has stalled and and I have too much of a guilty conscience that I feel bad for my reaction. That really puts a whole new spin on charity workers working on your conscience ha :D

Don't apologise for that at all. You said no & she ignored you and carried on. She was the one being rude by ignoring you.

Oh and don't call them 'charity workers'. They themselves don't work for the charity. They work for private companies who screw the charities out of income.

You should have said 'Come in, thank goodness you got here so quickly. I was expecting a Midwife but St John Ambulance will do!'

Feel quite bad now as earlier on a charity representative (from St John's Ambulance I think) knocked on my door and I was pretty abrupt with her :( I was having contractions and I told her not right now, I'm in labour. Well, of course, this didn't deter her and she started to ask me if she could just talk to me about . . . I didn't let her finish and said no, I'd just like you to leave me alone, now isn't a good time :rant:

I can't believe she insisted on carrying on talking to you! Talk about thick skinned.

Don't apologise. She probably had nothing to do with St John's ambulance, but was an agent acting to pull in some money by more aggressive tactics.

I can't believe she insisted on carrying on talking to you! Talk about thick skinned.

I'd imagine you have to be pretty thick-skinned to do door-to-door sales: a grim job.

it was the stress she caused you that stopped your contractions

don't feel guilty

... and in future do as I do, and don't answer the door to unexpected callers :thumbsup:

you are under no obligation to answer the door to anyone. You can even revoke the implied access rights to anyone coming onto your property and they have to leave immediately as they are trespassing under the law.

People selling things at the door are imposing onto you. I never buy anything on the door. I only buy things which I have gone out or searched for before buying.

Don't apologise for that at all. You said no & she ignored you and carried on. She was the one being rude by ignoring you.

Oh and don't call them 'charity workers'. They themselves don't work for the charity. They work for private companies who screw the charities out of income.

interesting view on Wesser there, I hope you can substantiate that ...

Don't apologise, no matter what charity/organisation anyone is from. These people think they can just go knocking on doors and everything's fine. Wrong. ALL who knock on doors collecting or selling, and all these tele-sales jerks go invading people's privacy to a greater or lesser extent. I have no time for them at all and tell them where to get off. No one needs to be reminded to donate to charity: all who can reasonably afford to, do so anyway: there are many decent people around. Door-knockers, tele-sales and all similar are scum. This is very tame; if I was to express what I genuinely thought I'd get banned for life from the forum.

Is it me or are these workers knocking on doors later than usual?!i had one the other day at 8.30 pm!!!