Jane Tomlinson loses her battle with cancer

Jon

What a shame her last months were marred with accusations both in public and on her home telephone that she was faking it. Guess her death has shut them up now - shame that is what it would take though. Good on her for all the work she did.

Totally agree with you I hope they feel ashamed of themselves. My sincerest thoughts go to her family. She was an inspiration and I'm sure her fighting spirit and the positivity she showed in life helped her to continue living life to the full for the last 7 years. RIP Jane and God bless XX

A truely inspirational lady who will be sadly missed.Some of today's malingering git with there poor excuses for work dodging should take a look at her.I hope the queen see's fit to make her a dame in her new years honours list,its the least she deserves.I hope everyone who said she was a fake are truely ashamed.

Really sad news.

I am full of admiration for Jane Tomlinson and also her family. She sacrificed a hell of a lot to raise that money. Precious time she could have spent with her family. I've no doubt that the courage and determination she had helped her to live far longer than the medical world expected.

An inspiration to us all.

RIP Jane Tomlinson.

Jane Tomlinson was diagnosed with breast cancer in 200, she was given 6 months to live by her doctors. She sadly died last night at 9:00pm in Leeds.

Since her diagnosis she raised £1.75m in a series of challenges, including marathons, cycling 4,200 miles across the US and many others events dedicating her life to raising money for charity.

I admire her I feel she showed real grit, her children though without their mother can always feel proud to say Jane Tomlinson was their mum.

Archived