Sheffield's Gay Zone

I have to agree with Spiderpete, it's 2008 not 1978, try going to a "gay" bar outside of the UK to see what is popular these days, think Wig & Pen rather than Hen & Chickens.

So QED then SpiderPete what you have just demonstrated by that reckoning is that there is no real need for another gay bar in Sheffield since we are already well catered for and there is only so much pink pound .... well apart from:

a) reserved for special events such as gay poetry readings/writers meets/book club/gay artists revolving exhibitions - maybe we just need a Gay or Gay friendly coffee shop for this and

I am at a loss why this one need to be in a "gay friendly coffee shop".

b) Resident Drag acts - there is in fact at the moment - since the Affinity debacle - nowhere where we can hear Sheffields own dear Tyranna in full flight on a single regular night of the week !!

Are you his new agent ? or just a stalker, Dempseys has karaoke on a Wednesday and Sunday so why can`t he sing there, he used to.

So QED then SpiderPete what you have just demonstrated by that reckoning is that there is no real need for another gay bar in Sheffield since we are already well catered for and there is only so much pink pound .... well apart from:

a) reserved for special events such as gay poetry readings/writers meets/book club/gay artists revolving exhibitions - maybe we just need a Gay or Gay friendly coffee shop for this and

b) Resident Drag acts - there is in fact at the moment - since the Affinity debacle - nowhere where we can hear Sheffields own dear Tyranna in full flight on a single regular night of the week !!

My bold and italics.

I have to ask, at what point did all the existing coffee shops become anti-gay ?

Also I'm not gay but the idea that you raised earlier in the thread about the club being for gay people only. How would that work ?

"Straight" bars and clubs are not allowed to restrict access to their premises on grounds of sexuality why should a gay club be able to do that ?

Apologies for stumbling into this thread but gay people cry out for equality (and without doubt should receive it) on the one hand then impose self segregation upon themselves.

People may argue this isn't necessarily a bad thing

People may argue this isn't necessarily a bad thing

You are terrible......but no doubt correct.

Sheffield will never have a reasonable 'gay scene'.

Some people accuse me of not supporting the so-called 'scene', which is ridiculous (and not true). Fortunately I don't really care.

I have spent a lot of my time and money in Blackpool for several years. I have enjoyed cheap beer in the Flying Handbag every few weekends. I have loved the entertainment that Chris D'Bray and Lady Wincey (and Peggy) provided - all of them true entertainers. Of course none of them are a patch on Stella Artois at the Mardi Gras on a Sunday afternoon. But then who is?

The problem with Sheffield is its NOT GAY ENOUGH and never will be.

sheffield doesnt need to be "gay" I've said this repeatedly its extremely open minded for a city of its size

The problem with Sheffield is its NOT GAY ENOUGH

QUOTE]

Are you serious? not gay enough.

Many young lads wear moisteriser these days, plus the fact you can only drive at 50mph on the parkway (a dual carrageway)

Sheffield will never have a reasonable 'gay scene'.

No it won`t, unfortunately it doesn`t have enough support, all it has is "slaggers off".

Some people accuse me of not supporting the so-called 'scene', which is ridiculous (and not true). Fortunately I don't really care.

Of course its untrue dear, you support Viva Climax once a year.

I have spent a lot of my time and money in Blackpool for several years. I have enjoyed cheap beer in the Flying Handbag every few weekends. I have loved the entertainment that Chris D'Bray and Lady Wincey (and Peggy) provided - all of them true entertainers. Of course none of them are a patch on Stella Artois at the Mardi Gras on a Sunday afternoon. But then who is?

Draq queens just don`t work in Sheffield at all, and when Dempseys put a drag night on (Penny Change) it just doesn`t get the support, the last one was very empty.

The problem with Sheffield is its NOT GAY ENOUGH and never will be.

Thank god for that. As Damo said, it doesn`t need to be.

it doesn`t have enough support, all it has is "slaggers off".

If the right place opened I would go there, but I'm not going to a gay establishment, no matter how horrible/cheap/tacky it is, just because it's gay.

I deserve better, we all do.

If the right place opened I would go there,

......... and what is the right place for you.