Sheffield's Gay Zone

nightingale

Tyranna,

I do hope that when you go out again dressed in your FAB outfits that you remember this>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

the dress will look EVEN MORE FANTASTIC with nice shoes

Don't worry, Eric! That's taken care of. I only wore heavy boots in Club Xes when I was in a hurry to get off on my bike to Climax as it was on teh same night.

Usually, I wear very glam shoes: you should have seen my 12" GOLD PLATFORM PERSPEX STILETTOS I had on for the 'Gold themed' Razor Stiletto '50th' bash at DQ last night!

Spidey, Thanks ever so much for the like to the pic of the balloon dress! I'm drooling over getting one sometime!

Finally, I don't know what all this about 'getting back on topic is about' Remember this is the GENERAL 'GAY' thread, not one specific to a particular club, so discussion about any fashion issues such as the height of my stilettos is quite OK. And yes, Meaks, I DO shave EVERY night just before I go out!:love:

I will ask Blu Minx as we are doing a ladies night there on the 24th, see if they will go for that. thank you. If any of the known gay clubs would do such a night, where do you think would be the best place to approach.

Thanks, Stringfellows/Gaynor, for the real interest in suggesting it to Blue Minx. At present there are NO Gay clubs/bars in Rotherham, although I know of one 'gay friendly pub' which doesen't do anything specifically gay because there is 'not the demand' for it; gay people in Rotherham get a raw deal, and the only thing they can do at present is to trek down to Sheffield for gay events, if they can afford the taxi fares all the way back...

I live in the centre of Sheffield but have worked HARD to get something off the ground for LGBT's in Rotherham, and doing a monthly night at Blue Minx would be a perfect start.

Tia-Anna

Professional Sheffield-based Drag Act/Magician

dan@alacroart.com

Pride Fundraiser Cocktail Party

Celebrate LGBT History Month in style with the South Yorkshire Pride Committee.

Thursday, February 28, 2008 at 7:00pm to 2.30am

Takapuna on West Street

Friday Night Jazz Ensemble play 9—10pm

Plus Record Hop DJ Chris will be on the decks until 2.30 so bring your dancing shoes!

Entry £5 advance or £6 on the door, tickets available from Takapuna. Or go for VIP treatment including table service, chocolate fountain, free drink and more. £10 and very limited.

All Proceeds from this event will go towards South Yorkshire Pride, 7th June 2008

Pride Fundraiser Cocktail Party

Celebrate LGBT History Month in style with the South Yorkshire Pride Committee.

Thursday, February 28, 2008 at 7:00pm to 2.30am

Takapuna on West Street

Friday Night Jazz Ensemble play 9—10pm

Plus Record Hop DJ Chris will be on the decks until 2.30 so bring your dancing shoes!

Entry £5 advance or £6 on the door, tickets available from Takapuna. Or go for VIP treatment including table service, chocolate fountain, free drink and more. £10 and very limited.

All Proceeds from this event will go towards South Yorkshire Pride, 7th June 2008

Must try and make this event; However, as I only picked up a leaflet on it a few days ago in Dempseys, and I often am the first to hear about ANY new Gay event, I think that it was shamefully poorly publicised.

I can leaflet for it at Climax and a few other events if you like, and is there also any chance that as one of the two best SHEFFIELD-BASED Drag Queens, I can be a 'Door Whore' in one of my knockout FABULOUS costumes on the night?:hihi:

Must try and make this event; However, as I only picked up a leaflet on it a few days ago in Dempseys, and I often am the first to hear about ANY new Gay event, I think that it was shamefully poorly publicised.

I dont think this event is badly publicised at all, it is a few weeks away, and its on Facebook, and I have had a email about it yesterday and its now on my website.

I dont think this event is badly publicised at all, it is a few weeks away, and its on Facebook, and I have had a email about it yesterday and its now on my website.

Perhaps you're generally right, now that the flyers are generally circulating; not everyone, of course, is a member of Facebook, and for some reason I NEVER receive emails about events when I want to...

So that you've all got my address, I am happy to disclose that it's dan(a)alacroart.com!

Whats happened to FAB is it still open. Thinking of going down this weekend, But I don't know anyone thats been this side of Xmas. The site says its closed for refurbishment but I can remember on here that someone said it was opening again. Is this correct as I don't want a wasted journey otherwise. I've not been since it first opened. Is it still ok?