Sheffield's Gay Zone

Asst Mod Note - Another 30 minutes wasted on cleaning up pointless and unrelated posts. If it is not to do specifically with the thread title then dont post it! Further abuse of this thread will be forwarded to Geoff to deal with the thread trolls directly! Thanks

Glow party at Climax tonight. I have my best UV gear!!!

I think its good that there will be anew Gay pub opening - who is behind it - Adam? Is the Bulldog the pub that was a gay pub before as Ma Bakers and then became some sort of Hip Hop pub ? MInd you I still went in there to bop the night away ....

Anyways I am a bit dismayed that it is out in Attercliffe - I'm afraid I shant be frequenting it as its a far too dangerous location. I have heard of frequent assaults out in that area which is why I dont go to Club Xes hardly at all these days ... pity it cant be closer to town ! Eg Cultural Quarter ...

I wholeheartedly support the new attercliffe venue in every sense other than intending to actually go there. Best of luck with it. Let's get with the programme and have some proper pubs n bars n clubs in town...

I wholeheartedly support the new attercliffe venue in every sense other than intending to actually go there. Best of luck with it. Let's get with the programme and have some proper pubs n bars n clubs in town...

I'll be popping down there soon, as it isn't far from where I live; however, it might be a good idea to offer a free bus down there from West street to get more punters coming down there.

I can see in approximately five years time lots of the brownfield land in the area around the former FAB, Barcelona, etc., will be developed with mixed use, including large numbers of terraced type houses/townhouses, shops, cafes, etc. Until then, as was experienced with FAB, it will be a tough climate to develop and sustain a new Gay venue, but best of luck! Club Xes is proof that Gay clubs out the other end of town from West Street/The Moor CAN work!:love:

I can see in approximately five years time lots of the brownfield land in the area around the former FAB, Barcelona, etc., will be developed with mixed use, including large numbers of terraced type houses/townhouses, shops, cafes, etc.

You have quite an imagination.

I am not sure about that area Tia - maybe if it does develop like you say and becomes busy and cosmopolitan with lots of people about later at night then it might be safer - until then one attack is quite enough for me - thanks

And also can I add my 2 penny worth and request that if there *is* a new gay bar in centre that it cater to ALL sctions of the gay community e.g. not just young, not just disco for example an all inclusive weekly agenda could be along the following lines:

Mon: Quiet night - reserved for special events such as gay poetry readings/writers meets/book club/gay artists revolving exhibitions or Sheffield forummer meets

Tue: Resident Drag acts (featuring our own famous Tyranna of course and maybe a visiting rotation from Anja Back and Juicy Loosey)

Wed: Camp Classics and Karaoke

Thur: Women/Trans/TS only

Fri: Men Only (maybe also strippers?)

Sat: Charts/deep trance/dance for ALL ages and also allow vetted straights in on this night

Sun: Sunday lunch and nighttime Quiz or "whats in your box " or New deal or No deal, Gay Ludo/Arm wrestling or whatever

ALA Dempseys but NOT quite as strict, make Thurs to Sat Members only allowed in free + 1 guest allowed in on payment of say 2 quid (and not the exorbitant amounts that Dempseys charge and have this begin at 10PM and not 9PM ALA Dempseys)., Sun to Wed should have no membership policy on the door i.e. open to all to encourage busines son those nights.

What do you think? Should I be running a gay pub in City Centre ? LOL

And also can I add my 2 penny worth and request that if there *is* a new gay bar in centre that it cater to ALL sctions of the gay community e.g. not just young, not just disco for example an all inclusive weekly agenda could be along the following lines:

Mon: Quiet night - reserved for special events such as gay poetry readings/writers meets/book club/gay artists revolving exhibitions or Sheffield forummer meets

Tue: Resident Drag acts (featuring our own famous Tyranna of course and maybe a visiting rotation from Anja Back and Juicy Loosey)

Sat: Charts/deep trance/dance for ALL ages and also allow vetted straights in on this night

Sun: Sunday lunch and nighttime Quiz or "whats in your box " or New deal or No deal, Gay Ludo/Arm wrestling or whatever

ALA Dempseys but NOT quite as strict, make Thurs to Sat Members only allowed in free + 1 guest allowed in on payment of say 2 quid (and not the exorbitant amounts that Dempseys charge and have this begin at 10PM and not 9PM ALA Dempseys)., Sun to Wed should have no membership policy on the door i.e. open to all to encourage busines son those nights.

What do you think? Should I be running a gay pub in City Centre ? LOL

You may as well you seem to have a plan. It might shut you up constantly bleating about drag and tyranna as well

Oh dear Carbondium you lost the plot a bit.

Dempseys doesn`t have anything special on a Monday, so why dont you just have it there.

You wont attract much interest in this night.

Dempseys already do this on a Wednesday. So why not go there then.

Xes already do this every few weeks in there on a Friday, so why not go to that night instead.

Why on earth would you want a"men`s only " night, Dempseys already do stripper night every 2 weeks, and they are sooo 1970`s now.

We already have this on a Staurday night in Xes, why not go there.

3 gay venues already do Sunday lunch, Quiz`s just dont work on gay scene.

What do you think? Should I be running a gay pub in City Centre

From the above I would say definately not.

So QED then SpiderPete what you have just demonstrated by that reckoning is that there is no real need for another gay bar in Sheffield since we are already well catered for and there is only so much pink pound .... well apart from:

a) reserved for special events such as gay poetry readings/writers meets/book club/gay artists revolving exhibitions - maybe we just need a Gay or Gay friendly coffee shop for this and

b) Resident Drag acts - there is in fact at the moment - since the Affinity debacle - nowhere where we can hear Sheffields own dear Tyranna in full flight on a single regular night of the week !!

I am not sure about that area Tia - maybe if it does develop like you say and becomes busy and cosmopolitan with lots of people about later at night then it might be safer - until then one attack is quite enough for me - thanks

Weren't you telling me not long ago how silly I was for saying I wouldn't go to FAB becasue it was unsafe to be wandering round that area at night ?