Super Tram - Where would you want it to go?

Er.. thanks for the travel info. But I think that is a BUS not a TRAM. The thread is asking about our views on where the tram should go.

Would be handy if it went up to Woodseats. I'm sure a fair few people would use it, but it's all up hill out of town. :(

I wish I could get the tram from Heeley. Trolley busses are a clean alternative to busses and don't have the problem of tram rails. They did have problems with trolley busses coming off the overhead rails but new trolley busses can even be both diesel and electric and the pantograph system has improved too. But trams are more accessible from a wheelchair point of view. I would like them to reinstate Heeley Railway station too. But I don't see it happening unless we get a goverment that is really green and not just making the right noises and refusing the money to do it. I'd like to see cleaner busses at the very least. The air in summer is sometimes barely breathable.

There used to be plans for a monorail in Sheffield. It would have gone up fargate attached to the buildings :hihi:

When i think monorail i think kiddy rides at theme parks. What i meant were proper elevated trains

Er.. thanks for the travel info. But I think that is a BUS not a TRAM. The thread is asking about our views on where the tram should go.

TF1 is the supertram link bus, so you can get to the middlewood terminus using this service and then change on to the tram at middlewood, you can buy a dayrider on the link bus too.

TF1 is the supertram link bus, so you can get to the middlewood terminus using this service and then change on to the tram at middlewood, you can buy a dayrider on the link bus too.

What's the point though? Why get off a bus to wait for a tram, when you can get the bus all the way to town anyway? It's about having the alternative from the starting point of the journey, not half way through.

What's the point though? Why get off a bus to wait for a tram, when you can get the bus all the way to town anyway? It's about having the alternative from the starting point of the journey, not half way through.

Hopefully there won't be a wait as the buses are (in theory) timed to connect with the trams at Middlewood Park & Ride.

Hopefully there won't be a wait as the buses are (in theory) timed to connect with the trams at Middlewood Park & Ride.

But why change vehicles? I can understand having to change when it gets to train journeys over counties, etc., but when the bus takes more or less the same route into Sheffield, what's the point in breaking your journey?

But why change vehicles? I can understand having to change when it gets to train journeys over counties, etc., but when the bus takes more or less the same route into Sheffield, what's the point in breaking your journey?

Probably because taking the tram through areas like Oughtibridge is a non starter, but combining the two journeys is quicker and cheaper than using the Mainline 57/58 service?

Anywhere but up the Don valley it would make it too easy for the ex Beely Wood customers to come and enjoy our quiet idyl (see the current thread about it closing)

Probably because taking the tram through areas like Oughtibridge is a non starter, but combining the two journeys is quicker and cheaper than using the Mainline 57/58 service?

You are probably right trams to Stocksbridge, Oughtibridge is probably a non-starter because they only seem to take the tram to places that don't use them as much.

BUT. We are a bit cut off in these areas. The tram would be used and I think would be a fantastic asset to our communities. With a bit of planning it could work too. Middlewood Road is out of action at the moment, why not re-route the tram up there while work is on-going?

I have to get back to the point of this thread too. It was a hypethetical question as to where people would like to see it go. Whether there are buslinks already is irrelevant. And it is true most would rather just take the bus.