Super Tram - Where would you want it to go?

I'd guess at a lack of cash/support

Where would you like to see the Supertram go in the future?

Anywhere as long as it's OFF the bloody roads which is surely the point.

Difficult in many places I know, but I really don't see the point in adding a lumbering hulk of a vehicle with an inability to negotiate obstacles and the dreaded broken-down cars that grind the city to a halt as it is, to the existing nightmare that is Sheffield's transport network.

A tram is ideal where track can be laid off the road..adding trams to the road just doesn't seem sensible - especially on a lot of roads to areas that have no supertam service. Taking the tram up London/Abbeydale road would be a nightmare, as would adding it to the existing ****-up that is woodseats.

If a transport vehicle has to go on the road, then it should be designed for going on the road.

Would it be possible for Sheffield to have a trolleybus with switchable electric/diesel power, and to share power lines with the supertram where they are already installed?

(edit..just realised, not without adding a return wire to the tram power lines..which presents a very real problem)

I'd like it to go to Leeds... Manchester.... maybe Rotherham !

I'd like a train to go to Leeds that wasn't a complete joke!

Well or that yes ... tram would be cool though!

Then I could come and visit you and you could show me Leeds!

Arghhhh! In that case I take it back... hahahah ! Only joking... anyways I'll be working all over so haven't 100% decided where to live yet :0/

Eccy road isnt wide enough to take the tram aswell as conventional traffic.
Rubbish statement of the day: we have a winner
Yes,both the Northern and the Hallamshire should be considered. Two areas which have parking problems and would be a great help to the aged and the handicapped.
And able bodied people alike...

Eccy road's plenty wide enough for vast lengths of it. The network won't be expanded though as the government aren't keen. Expect trolley buses instead like in Leeds http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article1940408.ece

I always thought a good route for the tram would be from the bottom of London Rd, right up Cemetery Rd then Psalter Lane onto Ecclesall Rd South to Ecclesall. This would still serve Banner Cross and Hunters Bar and all the offices and Hallam Uni places but without adding to the chaos that is Ecclesall Rd (digging up Ecc Rd, never mind the parking restrictions that would follow, would kill all the shops completely).

Ecclesall road :hihi:

Here here!

The tram works were a pain in the rear and businesses suffered badly but the system is excellent and i use it as much as i can even though i am 2 miles from the nearest stop.

I'd welcome it up to Stannington.

I'm not sure the residents who live on the main road would agree with me though!

Although i used to live 20 yards from Holme Lane before and after the tram line was built and i got used to it very quickly.

I only used to hear the first one at 6a.m. and last one at night.

Better than buses but it need to go on all main routes throughout the city.

I live on a main road right next to a tram line and you get used to them surprisingly quickly. I think the trams are great, one of the reasons I chose to move to Sheffield. They're tons better than buses. A tram line out to the hospitals would be a great idea.