Ulley Dam discussion and latest news

live on tv news 24 right now, seems its still holding

I'm concerned. I can't find any info on council site, ot BBC, or SKY news, or from police that dam is about to burst. Situation seems to be much the same as earler in the day.

I think Sheffield Forum is now seen as a key resource for public information, the various authorities are likely to be in contact with admin directly.

I wouldn't rely on SF sources. Stick with the news.

eg. news come directly from rescue chooper - don't you think the news would know before some random person!!

Yup. Sticking to BBC and Sky to avoid panic

its still touch and go on weather it will burst in the next 48 hours

live on tv news 24 right now, seems its still holding

the media are unlikely to give any 'bad' news out about the damn now are they? This is an emergency situation it would cause panic in chaos :loopy:

Well BBC News24 give no indication of what's posted above, but as they have consistently been about half a day behind with what's happening i'm minded to trust what's on SF!

Don't panic people, stay calm and stay safe. Take a few basic precautions, make sure you know where candles and flashlights are should you need them. Have a flask of boiling water prepared - and a good book.

MarkB - one of the things we have been doing is to say to people - follow the media and keep out of the way of the emergency services.

If people DIDN'T take heed of stuff that's been posted on here I adresay that we'd have had a lot more screw ups on traffic and such - posts were appearing here about closed roads and such LONG before it was appearing on the mainstream media.

Of course we don't need people over-reacting - but at the same time if we get 'good' information in we will post it.

Maybe. I was interested to know who the thread title quote is from. OP said it was direct from emergency services

It's reliable information that is coming from the scene, not the news and I wouldn't have posted it if I wasn't certain.

There's no need to say anything further.

Simply take appropriate action if you are in the vicinity and do as the emergency services ask. Keep tuned in to the BBC / Sky for updates from the site.