Ex Waltheof School pupils

i went to walthoef 1975 - 1979. I would love to hear from anyone who was there at the same time. Just pm me - i look forward to chatting.

:)

only thing i can remember about the old waltheof is the cane happy grumpy useless teachers, what a depressing hole that was ,pipworth was loads better

• 2 weeks later...
hiya i went 2 waltheof left in 95 i was in mr goodrums and mrs wainwrights form class A1,:love: :love:

I had that class too, Goodrum was a complete tool. Did you hear that rumour he apparently felt one of the girls up in that little room which divided us and the class next door?

Whats your name? Im Michael

My 3 years at Waltheof left few happy memories but thanks for contact, however -

It's unlikely that I'll know you,

As I left in sixty-three.

So no point telling you my name,

As you will not know me,

I didn't know of Wainwright

Nor that old tool, Goodrum

But I knew lots of lasses there

- one could have been your mum!

only joking

• 3 months later...

hi, this has not really got anything to do with the post but i have noticed wilf foggs name on her :) Im hoping your on bout my grandad (came off woodthorpe) i would really like to hear some stories about him. My grandad was a painter and decorator and had alot of brothers and few sisters and he had 3 children, i hope it is the same wilf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Sweetcheeks,

I was there from 67-72. I remember all these teachers. Also Miss Sarson, DW Smith, Mr Battersby, Miss Batty, Mr Rawlings, (they married each other) Who was the teacher that lived in Darnall on Darnall Main Rd right before it turned into Staniforth Rd? He hated black kids. He once got Linval Madden and used him like a battering ram and rammed his head into the wall in the classroom. putting a hole in it.

The teacher was Cooper, i was in his class and was best mates with Linvals brother Albert. He once hung Albert out of the tower block window, Cooper was a Nazi and also a magistrate. I lived at the bottom of Pipworth Rd till the estate was pulled down :(

Paul.

• 4 weeks later...

I was there from 64 to 68 and found this thread whilst trying to find reference to a scheme we were involved in. it was called "Plant a Tree in 63".

we were taken to the side of the Parkway and each given a sapling with our name on. the year after they did it again as "Plant some more in 64".

I have searched everywhere but can't find a reference to it anywhere.

I have found load of people I knew on Friends Reunited.