Ex Waltheof School pupils

Yeah Susie I left school in 1968 and was in Marshalls class must have been with you too I was only there for about 8 months of the year as I came back from Singapore where my dad had been posted and had to finish school before I could join the Army.

My name is Alec McCrystal

Do you remember any other from our class ??

Hi Darnex, lol to your private message which is most appreciated. Though to such a live wire anymore! Anyway, it's good to know who I'm communicating with and I do remember you well from Whitby Road onwards. You may well be right about Judith Burley emigrating to Oz though I was absolutely certain it was Liz C. Can anyone else enlighten us?

Talking of teachers do you remember Mr Mawson, who took us for maths. I liked him. I can hear him saying 'bonday borning cold Ali'.

Please do keep in touch.

---------- Post added 02-12-2014 at 23:36 ----------

That's supposed to say, 'though not such a live wire....'

---------- Post added 02-12-2014 at 23:59 ----------

Hi exhatter, I had written you a response and have lost it!!!!!. I'll try again tomorrow. Lots to share. TC

---------- Post added 03-12-2014 at 00:01 ----------

Ps I didn't become Ali Ben Ahmed!!!! That was someone totally different. I became Ali Latif and still am lol

My brother Ali sent me a message about being in touch with an old friend from Whitby Road and was surprised to hear that it was you Linda (nice surprise) both of us were quite shy at the time but we enjoyed our sports and regularly played in the rounders team with Paul Windless and Yvonne Speight was like greased lightening on sports day. I remember turning up to school just to do sports when I had mumps and got sent home straight away lol. We had a small Waltheof reunion about 6 years ago and had about 12 people attend. Mick Peet, Harry Lawson, Pamela Broomhead, Julie Howson, Denise Allen, Anne Davis, Kathryn Moore, Julie Drinkwater, and a few others. I have some photos if you are interested

Yeah Susie I left school in 1968 and was in Marshalls class must have been with you too I was only there for about 8 months of the year as I came back from Singapore where my dad had been posted and had to finish school before I could join the Army.

My name is Alec McCrystal

Do you remember any other from our class ??

Hi Alecmac I don't recall the name but then it is a long while ago ! I remember a couple of names of the lads . Both ginger haired Howard Timms and Edward Grimes . Memory isn't too good these days . I cannot remember any of the girls names .Good to hear from you Susan Wright as was then now Grayson

Hey, ex Waltheof crew where are you all-esp those who left in 71/72.. It would be great to hear from you to reminisce.

Darnex has some wonderfully funny stories from Whitby Road and Waltheof. Keep them coming.

For those of that don't know, our headmaster Mr Postlethwaite has passed away. His funeral is on Monday. RIP Sir!

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/former-sheffield-headteacher-dies-aged-91-1-7074410

A fitting tribute to a very humble , yet remarkable Man .

( He would not have thought himself as anything other than ordinary)

Possessing the most integrity of any person I ever met , he would help anyone .

An awful lot of people owe " Pop " a debt of thanks , including myself .

My Condolences to His Family.

Respect:

was at waltheof n left in 73 my most vivid memory of pop was his cry across the yard LITTLE BOY also he would have a bat in the cricket nets at lunch times with us R.I.P sir

Firstly , I would like to thank " Susiewoosie" for the notification.

I was very privileged to pay my respects at " Pop's " service today .

It was a fitting tribute to a well - loved and dedicated Headmaster , and totally unique individual .

Reference was also made to Mr. Postlethwaite's Service to His Beloved Country during WW2 , the flag of the R.A.F being ever - present throughout the service.

He was , and will forever be , held in high esteem by countless persons that He touched upon. not least myself .

Many persons managed to attend this Celebration of His Selfless and very Fulfilled life . and doubtless many more were there in thought, if not in person.

An impossible act to follow.

Goodbye Sir.

---------- Post added 03-02-2015 at 13:45 ----------

I would like to thank " Susiewoosie" for the notification.

Apologies , I meant " cherriepie " . thanks.

Edited by Darnex

No problem Darnex. I wish I could have gone but no-one else went

There's a reunion planned for the 74/77 leavers, everyone is meeting at the three feathers between 7 and 8pm..

HERE is the Facebook page :thumbsup:

I can't make it as i'm getting a new knee three days previous :(

Biggsy :)

Just seen the sad news about Pops. If i had known i would have attended his funeral. I had a lot of respect for him. RIP.