Ex Waltheof School pupils

I was there too from 64 to 69. In the 4th year I ended up in class 4/1 under Matt. I remember the punishment that was handed out back then but it was normal wasn't it? Old Cooper used to take a run from down the corridor and belt you with a slipper on the arse and send you flying into the classroom - embarrasing or what! Pity it's not like that today - don't think it did us any harm. Mind you - all I was interested in was getting on the trampoline every morning![/QU

I was there too from 64 to 69. In the 4th year I ended up in class 4/1 under Matt. I remember the punishment that was handed out back then but it was normal wasn't it? Old Cooper used to take a run from down the corridor and belt you with a slipper on the arse and send you flying into the classroom - embarrasing or what! Pity it's not like that today - don't think it did us any harm. Mind you - all I was interested in was getting on the trampoline every morning![/QU

I was in the Trampoline Team and Gymnastics Team!!

Just found this thread but have not read through it all so apologies for any repetition.

Does any one know the Buttery family? Sonny (Ken) married a girl called Carol, I think her maiden name was white. Also Paul and Jimmy Buttery who had two sisters whose names I cant remember. Sonny and Paul were both very good football players with Sonny playing in the same year as Mel Sterland and Carl Shutt

Sandra Patterson wer in our class.

She were quite nice lookin'

an' a right nice lass.

So were Carol Clark & Jennifer Hamer,

who's dad were a juggler & a lion-tamer.

He weren't really but he had a fruit shop and could juggle a bit.

wi' tomatoes an' stuff.

I just put lion-tamer to mek it rhyme.

• 1 month later...
Just found this thread but have not read through it all so apologies for any repetition.

Does any one know the Buttery family? Sonny (Ken) married a girl called Carol, I think her maiden name was white. Also Paul and Jimmy Buttery who had two sisters whose names I cant remember. Sonny and Paul were both very good football players with Sonny playing in the same year as Mel Sterland and Carl Shutt

Sonny and his family lived on Beaumont road a few doors away from Mel and his family (opposite where the Lidl shop now stands). I lived around the corner on Desmond Crescent and was in the same year