Ex Waltheof School pupils

Hi, yes i'm fine thanks hope you are too - I live in Notts now, well been here several years but my mum and 1 sister still in Sheffield - hope life's been kind to you lol

Hi, yes i'm fine thanks hope you are too - I live in Notts now, well been here several years but my mum and 1 sister still in Sheffield - hope life's been kind to you lol

Ha!!

I got wed at 19, have two lads in their mid 30s!

Don't know where all the time went!! :D

:)

Edited by biggsy

:roll: I am looking for old school mates that went to waltheof secondary modern I left in 1963/64 if any one remembers me I would like them to contact me to chat about life @ Waltheof and what as happened since you left.

Susan, I have just joined the web site having found it recently. I remember you and Susan Cliff. I left in 1968 and went to see in the merchant navy, so lost touch will pals in Sheffield. I now live in Ipswich having left the navy some 25 years ago and become a civil servant working on a local air base until Maggy made me redundant. Now I work at the Port of Felixstowe.

You may remember me Myles Law.

:roll: I am looking for old school mates that went to waltheof secondary modern I left in 1963/64 if any one remembers me I would like them to contact me to chat about life @ Waltheof and what as happened since you left.

Hi Susan, I think I remember you. I started at Waltheof in 1960 and left in 1965. I was in Talbot! Having read the blog it brings back a lot of memories. My last year there I was in a class called 4 Alpha 11........why? I have no idea. Mr. Curtois was the form teacher then.

Hi Susan, I think I remember you. I started at Waltheof in 1960 and left in 1965. I was in Talbot! Having read the blog it brings back a lot of memories. My last year there I was in a class called 4 Alpha 11........why? I have no idea. Mr. Curtois was the form teacher then.

I have seen this post from Susan Hague and have tried to make contact and as far as I know she has never replied to anyone.

I left Waltheof in May 1985. I have fond memories of the place, in particular, Mr Andy Gardiner, the English teacher (eventually Headteacher?), who inspired me to start reading poetry. I am still an avid reader of poetry and literature. Also, Mr Keith Pratt, R.E; Mr Tiffin, Geography; and all my lovely Form teachers. It was unfortunate that History was taught by Mr Cooper; I would have loved to have taken the subject as an option, I got straight A's, but though I was never on the receiving end of his wrath, I was so terrified by him, I couldn't have contemplated studying the subject further with him as the teacher. I read history in my own time (and continue to do so) and I completed a BA Degree in Humanities (History, Art History, Literature). Mr Cooper was a vicious man, I was mortified by his nasty chastisement of pupils, memorably in respect of one incident with a female class mate; 'Be quiet, you little tart with the painted nails'. Those he aimed to terrify didn't give a damn, and those who behaved didn't dare breathe. Pity.

I left Waltheof in May 1985. I have fond memories of the place, in particular, Mr Andy Gardiner, the English teacher (eventually Headteacher?), who inspired me to start reading poetry. I am still an avid reader of poetry and literature. Also, Mr Keith Pratt, R.E; Mr Tiffin, Geography; and all my lovely Form teachers. It was unfortunate that History was taught by Mr Cooper; I would have loved to have taken the subject as an option, I got straight A's, but though I was never on the receiving end of his wrath, I was so terrified by him, I couldn't have contemplated studying the subject further with him as the teacher. I read history in my own time (and continue to do so) and I completed a BA Degree in Humanities (History, Art History, Literature). Mr Cooper was a vicious man, I was mortified by his nasty chastisement of pupils, memorably in respect of one incident with a female class mate; 'Be quiet, you little tart with the painted nails'. Those he aimed to terrify didn't give a damn, and those who behaved didn't dare breathe. Pity.

do you know wayne rimmington

---------- Post added 27-08-2014 at 22:02 ----------

Does anybody remember Tracy fellows. ?

When i was at waltheof it was a laugh me paul mincher bob smith mick gudgeon and darren ward.we won inter class 5 aside went all way through together.me mincher and gudgeon played for school team other players were rich morris john williamson jon dudley neal simmonite rich bolton forgot rest.2nd year we were good evans and vause manager...3rd and 4th year we were crap then 5th year good.gutted shinny died.i tried getting off gear but couldnt.ne and gudge got wacked off gudrem at annex with cannoe ore.mr pratt slippered us cane off marshall also slipper of rawson lol we were rogues and spellings same today as it were then crap. Other pals were chalkey lee winters galley they were year above.

Anyone remember Sonny and Paul Buttery? I know Sonny married Carol who went to the same school but dont know her maiden name.

I was there from 1977-81. I was called Mal Askham back then. I remember Mr Gudrun the metalwork teacher, I believe he later became headmaster. Mr Nicholson, Miss Oxley, Mr Harris, Mr Hind, the Honey Monster(Evans), Rawson who later became head of Hinde House and quite a few more.

Edited by Baz Lamb