Prince Harry Not Going To Iraq

Should Prince Harry Go To Iraq  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Should Prince Harry Go To Iraq

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Know

I think he would be a great danger to those serving around him as he is such an obvious target, but why were the press told he was going? If they hadn't printed details he could be there now and no one would even know. Can you imagine during WW11 if we had announced details for everyone to see.

'Watch out this eveningThe Dambusters are on the way, get ready to shoot them down.':loopy:

However IMO none of our armed forces should be there anyway.

I think they put him in the army because they didn't know what else to do with him. As third-in-line to the throne his life's purpose is basically to act as a 'reserve king' if his brother dies. Unfortunately while waiting for this unlikely event to occur he'd been falling out of too many nightclubs, so the army probably seemed like one of the few places he could go to give him something constructive to do and get him away from the cameras.

Sending him to fight in Irag is a bl*ody stupid idea though. I don't believe that it was ever being seriously considered. And all these parents who are complaining that their sons have been sent out to fight while Prince Charles's son gets to stay at home are completely missing the point. Would they really want their sons fighting alongside the new number one terrorist target Prince Harry? I think not.

He could still have served in the Navy or Airforce though as one of his Uncles did in the Falklands War, my point is that for obvious reasons he couldn't serve in the army in a front line capacity so why train him to do that when there are roles he could feasibly perform.

I'm going to ignore the sarcasm. The Iran threat was mentioned on BBC news but it appears they have also referred to it on the website here.

I don’t doubt that ‘sources’ say the Iranians might try something what I want is the source for all that nonsense about them kidnapping his entire platoon.

I always said that sending someone of Harry's status, not just him, even William, poses a great risk of danger that some Iraqi barmpot would have a pop at his entire Platoon just to get at him.

Stupid idea to even consider sending him IMO, OK the lad wants to follow his Dad etc into the army that's fair enough, but sending a high profile member of the Royal family to a warzone?! I'm sorry but WTF?!

The training of Prince Harry has been a complete waste of time and money if he is unable to fulfill the role for which he has been trained. His role as a second lieutenant in the Household Cavalry would need for him to be in charge of - at least - a section of armoured vehicles and about a dozen men. Bearing this in mind, and considering that he would probably be the number one target for any glory seeker with a gun or handful of semtex, his section's sole responsibility whilst out 'on the ground' would be to protect their commander. This section, and probably the troop to which it is attached would be counter productive. Harry may want to get amongst the bad guys and kick some butt, but in doing so he would only be enflaming the situation and endangering the lives of those around him even more.

He could probably serve his mum and country better by transfering to the navy.

I know if I was over there I wouldn't want to be in his troop.

but sending a high profile member of the Royal family to a warzone?! I'm sorry but WTF?!

Why is it stupid :confused: at least he is someone who is willing to do something for his country unlike other royals who just sit on their arse!

Why is it stupid :confused: at least he is someone who is willing to do something for his country unlike other royals who just sit on their arse!

Would you want one of your loved ones any where near him in a war zone when he is such a target?

I too question the wisdom of him joining The Army,but he has and I think he should go.

I also question the role of the MOD in this,since when have they made public details of troop movements?

????? princes Andrew was i the falklands, there was more UK troops killed in that war than currently now in Iraq!!

if the media hadn't hype'd this up he's have been fine. but now they say there will be groups of people looking for him and return him to the UK without his ears!!

Would you want one of your loved ones any where near him in a war zone when he is such a target?

Why did he join up then? As someone has already said it's been a waste of money, he won't be able to do the job he was trained for. He may as well have just stayed in the pub get pished!

Archived