Prince Harry Not Going To Iraq

Should Prince Harry Go To Iraq  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Should Prince Harry Go To Iraq

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Know

I have to say i'm getting a little sick of the bleeding hearts harping on about how their boys/girls went to Iraq - why shouldn't he - they are stopping him from going to PROTECT people - not because he is too important !! If Harry goes to Iraq, he becomes a target that could potentially put the rest of the troops at risk. He wants to go. That's why he joined in the first place, it was much different when Andrew was in The Falklands. At least you knew who & where the enemy was.

I didn't say anyone would remove them from the country or even that the Iranians would actually do it themselves, just that they might be behind it. It isn't my own suggestion, but one of the 'specific threats' that has been made public and listed as one of the reasons for not sending him out.

The MOD, said that they have received threats that harm will come to Harry from several sources, and some threats that they don't know the source of.

I have to say i'm getting a little sick of the bleeding hearts harping on about how their boys/girls went to Iraq - why shouldn't he - they are stopping him from going to PROTECT people - not because he is too important !! If Harry goes to Iraq, he becomes a target that could potentially put the rest of the troops at risk. He wants to go. That's why he joined in the first place, it was much different when Andrew was in The Falklands. At least you knew who & where the enemy was.

So why is he even in the army then?

When the army took him on to train as an officer the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq were ongoing with no sign of them ending anytime soon and the reasons why he couldn’t serve in any of those conflicts was as obvious then as it is now, this being the case why the hell was he accepted? Doing so was a waste of both time and money.

I didn't say anyone would remove them from the country or even that the Iranians would actually do it themselves, just that they might be behind it. It isn't my own suggestion, but one of the 'specific threats' that has been made public and listed as one of the reasons for not sending him out.

Can you link to this source which claims the MOD have a 'specific threat' that "The Iran security services (who have much higher capability than the Iraqi militants) have their beady little eye on Harry and would kidnap his entire platoon and kill them off publicly one by one"?

Can you link to this source which claims the MOD have a 'specific threat' that "The Iran security services (who have much higher capability than the Iraqi militants) have their beady little eye on Harry and would kidnap his entire platoon and kill them off publicly one by one"?

Story here about threats to Prince Harry, but no specific groups named. There is also an audio clip from the MOD.

Gone are the days when Kings and Queens used to lead their troops into battle. It is easier to fight a war now with other people and their children, while they sit in a nice cosy chair being served tea and crumpets.

So why is he even in the army then?

When the army took him on to train as an officer the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq were ongoing with no sign of them ending anytime soon and the reasons why he couldn’t serve in any of those conflicts was as obvious then as it is now, this being the case why the hell was he accepted? Doing so was a waste of both time and money.

I think they put him in the army because they didn't know what else to do with him. As third-in-line to the throne his life's purpose is basically to act as a 'reserve king' if his brother dies. Unfortunately while waiting for this unlikely event to occur he'd been falling out of too many nightclubs, so the army probably seemed like one of the few places he could go to give him something constructive to do and get him away from the cameras.

Sending him to fight in Irag is a bl*ody stupid idea though. I don't believe that it was ever being seriously considered. And all these parents who are complaining that their sons have been sent out to fight while Prince Charles's son gets to stay at home are completely missing the point. Would they really want their sons fighting alongside the new number one terrorist target Prince Harry? I think not.

I actually think that the most constructive use of his time would be to get involved with charity work. There at least he could put his profile to good use and perhaps brighten a few people's days with visits to sick children's wards and so on. But it's probably not the most appealing work for a 21-year-old lad. Maybe in a few more years...

I'm going to ignore the sarcasm. The Iran threat was mentioned on BBC news but it appears they have also referred to it on the website here.

Archived