Prince Harry Not Going To Iraq

Should Prince Harry Go To Iraq  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Should Prince Harry Go To Iraq

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Know

They may well be right that his Royal status would make him too big a target and endanger his comrades but that was always going to be the case and it makes the decision to take him on to serve as a front line army officer seem rather dumb.

If he’d gone into the Navy or Airforce then atleast he could have served in a role which would make ambushing him with insurgents much more difficult so he could actually do what he signed up for and what he was expensively trained to do.

Personally, I'm not sure why he joined the army in the first place. He was never going to be sent to a war zone.

If I was feeling extremely cynical I might suggest that was exactly why he joined the army; as it meant he could to look brave and committed whilst knowing that he was too much of a risk to others to actively serve so he would never actually be required to risk deploying whereas he might have been if he was in another branch of the forces.

However I’m not feeling all that cynical so I won’t.

I too question the wisdom of him joining The Army,but he has and I think he should go.

I also question the role of the MOD in this,since when have they made public details of troop movements?

They're not daft mate ;)

I too question the wisdom of him joining The Army,but he has and I think he should go.

I also question the role of the MOD in this,since when have they made public details of troop movements?

I think they got this idea from President Bush, when he made the appointment with Saddam Hussain to invade Iraq. :hihi: :hihi:

Where is the button for "don't care" ?

I can't believe anyone actually thought he might ever go, it's a P.R. stunt by the royal family, they are expected to join the forces, but not expected to actually get hurt, or even worse killed, how would the nation cope with that ? It doesn't bear thinking about.

I just think it is an insult to the people in the forces who obviously arn't considered as important to their family and country as the little prince, "Yes, off you go to get killed, but we couldn't possibly risk losing Harry"

Archived