Greek Restaurant London Road

mjlacey21

ive been to parthenonas, starters were fantastic, my main wasnt as good but still enjoyed it. staff were very friendly.

im not sure whether its greek or turkish but marmaris and the one next door on abbeydale rd are great! reasonably priced too.

• 2 weeks later...

We went to the Parthenonas on Saturday evening. Nice place, fresh decor, busy with families when we arrived, later on what seemed to be lots of regulars coming in to big welcomes from the owners. The food was very good, service attentive, prices reasonable. Two starters and two mains plus a bottle of wine came to £50. We'll definitely be going back.

• 4 weeks later...
We had a great meal in a little Greek place off of London Road whilst doing a food review - it was called Hellas - the review of it was in Westside a few months ago, it's on page 67 and the link is below.

http://www.northernlifestyle.com/pdf/westside/wside_feb07.pdf

File is a PDF BTW.

What happened to Westside magazine and why don't I get it delivered to me anymore?

Yes I went there in March for my birthday. The food was lovely, the meat eaters and the vegetarians both agreed and they catered for one of our party who had a severe nut allergy as well. No Greek dancing though like it said on the website (I went as I fancied a cheesy night of plate smashing and zorba the greek) so if that's what you want as well double check. It's somewhere I'd definitely go back to.

• 2 years later...

I went to Parthenonas at Xmas for an annual friends get together . It was fully booked and a bit of a tight squeeze (we were a party of 28 and there were many large parties in as well), atmos was great, lots of wine available, fab and accomodating staff and lots of tasty food.

And free ozzo at the end to boot, would deffinatly go again in a large group.