More fast trains to Leeds - from December

Andy C

I think I read some where that Midland Mainline are unlikely to provide a reliable service by extending the Sheffield service to Leeds because of problems at the London end( building work at St Pancras etc) so the SRA had a rethink on the matter.

They were going to look at a possible Nottingham - Sheffield - Leeds service by Central trains( also part of National Express Group.

The Virgin service is pretty good most of the time, though I seem to remember the last one coming back in the evening is pretty early.

The current 'last train' from Leeds to Sheffield is a particular painful memory of mine. Some time ago I caught it and it took me 5 hours to get home......

It'll be a welcome service - at the moment it's frequently faster to get the National Express coach!

Joe

The timetable given earlier in this thread is accurate a source in the industry tells me.

This is the list of all trains leaving Sheffield to West Yorkshire:

xx:08 Trains Northern All stations to Leeds via Barnsley

xx:15 Trains Northern All stations to Leeds via Rotherham & Bolton on Dearne

xx:21 Cross Country to Wakefield Westgate, Leeds and beyond.

xx:38 Trains Northern All stations to Huddersfield via Barnsley

xx:51 Midland Mainline to Leeds calling Meadowhall, Barnsley, Wakefield Kirkgate only.

:thumbsup:

Same trains will come back at other times.

ENJOY ! (If you really must go to Leeds :gag: )

Archived