The Ghost of Stocksbridge bypass.

Guest Ant

Excellent. Take a camera and post some pics up. We expect a full report with all the spooky details. :thumbsup:

cant wait, look forward to em'

Hello This is where they saw the woman who they both agree was a ghost. Her dad is a very sensible bloke too - worked in the fire service.

From the end of the private lane (Briary Busk Farm) turn right on to Hunshelf Hall Lane just before the first farm (on a bit of a bend) the ghost was seen just there on the left. It was a woman who turned towards the car as they approached and then dissapeared. It was about 21 years ago as I just rang my pal to ask her about it.

i no theres a vid of the ghost been sent around mobiles you can only just see the ghost though

scary :o

i no theres a vid of the ghost been sent around mobiles you can only just see the ghost though

scary :o

Where is that? Is that Stocksbridge bypass??

Guest Ant

No, York apparently.

This is the definitive story of the security guards and the ghost. Two security guards employed by Constant security of Mexborough were working patrolling the road which was still being constructed. About a mile on the tankersley side of peayroyd lane bridge they saw a group of children in medieval costume dancing round a bush. Shocked they carrid on in silence for some distance fianlly stopping near to Pearoyd Bridge. When they attempted to leave the vehicle a large inhuman presence held the drivers, then the passenger side door closed. The presnce behaved in a threatening way then vanished. Both men paniced and went to the local vicarage in a state of terror, they were then sent to the Police station eventually returning to thier office in Mexborough where they were sent home.12 hours later they were interviwed by thier employer who stated that in his opinion they were "traumatized".

Neither man has worked again, one lives in barnsley with his family and is under constant medical supervision. the other, affected even more badly lives in a Roamn catholic seminary in montreal where, within the last few years he has received visits from clergymen of the catholic, orthodox and Jewish religions and where in 1994 he was visited by the muslim grand mufti of Jerusalem.

I worked with these men and new them well, I have never seen a ghost nor do I particulrly believe in them, however what happened was far from funny and has ruined the lives of to decent ordinary working men.

Around three years ago, my Mother was in a car as a passenger on the stocksbridge bypass.Both her and the driver saw that in a field, a sort of newish area had been made with a stone path, the stone path led up to an intriguing looking old inn.

They both said they hadn't seen this pub before and that they might as well try it for lunch.They turned round and came back along the bypass, they couldn't find the pub.They went up and down it four times before they became convinced it wasn't there.Had they BOTH imagined it?We'll never know.

I have a friend who claims he was traveling towards pyeroyd bridge when all of a sudden the lights went out and the engine cut off. He stopped presuming there was a problem, after a couple of seconds he got an erie feeling as if someone was sat beside him. He said he could smell a musty kind of church smell if u no what i mean. after a minute or so(which must have seemed ages) the smell disapeared and he was able to start his car. He says he will not travel alone at night on that road.

OMG me and my mum were driving dwn that same strech one nightjust after xmas when our lights cut out :o and there was a light behind us like a moterbike but it just went after bout 10min just like that and we felt like some one was behind us like allmost watching us i was scared to turn around (lol) i am genuinly scared of this road and it gives me the creeps :suspect:

Ah, I remember back in the day my friends and I used to dress in dark hooded clothing and creep around the bypass bridge lower down near the steelworks.

I know of at least one 'sighting' that was later dispelled at school the following day.

Oh to be young and stupid again.

As opposed to old and stupid as I am now.

though their are two recorded cases of hangings along there, one at unsliven and one at underbank, the actual haunted theory is a load of tosh. Ive driven regularly along there since it was opened (and horse ridden on there before it was) and seen nothing.