The Ghost of Stocksbridge bypass.

Alq, yet again, you are being ignorant of the evidence. Ghosts may exist, and the evidence for them is certainly there, though it is very weak and not weighty enough to convince me.

Yes, Stocksbridge Bypass featured on Strange But True.

hi

Dont know if this helps, i travel along that road everyday, and at the same point near to Pearoyd Bridge, all the dials on the dashboard (speedo,revs, petrol),all cease working until i reach the Stocksbridge turn off at Underbank. Really strange, i know that there is an electricity sub station, which belongs to the steelworks, and could this be responsible to releasing energy or something into this area. Which might explain the car radio

Cant be good for health though

The same kind of thing happened a few years ago travelling back from a late night gig in the van, all the electrics started dimming and cutting out for no reason whatsoever... VERY strange!

A couple of old friends of mine was driving on the bypass at about 3am in the winter and saw some smoke coming from the tarmac in front of them. There werent any cars around so they pulled over and went to have a look. Even touched the tarmac where the smoke was coming from and there was nothing there... they actually saw that the smoke was coming from about 4cm off the ground and not from the tarmac at all.

On getting back in the car nothing would work, radio, speedo etc until they reached the other side. They were terrified and still talk about it now. :rolleyes:

The same kind of thing happened a few years ago travelling back from a late night gig in the van, all the electrics started dimming and cutting out for no reason whatsoever... VERY strange!

I just found it so odd at first, but have just put it down to the amount of electricity around that valley, having an effect on the dials ,as i said it cant be good for the health of Stocksbridge people, living within the vicinity of the steelworks though.

Was this story once on the Michael Aspel show... "strange but true" a good few years ago? i can remember watching something like this on that show...:suspect:

I was on that!!!

they came to my school and asked for kids to voulenteer, i thought yeye i'll do that to be on telly!! i had to dress up as a victorian boy and dance around a pylon singing a ring a ring a roses!!

ahhh the shame....