School Children's Finger Prints Taken Without Consent!

Darren Polla,

If I visited your house and came in and started behaving as if it were my own, I'm sure that you'd get hissy with me.

Unfortunately, we DO get spammers and so we act to slow them down.

You've come here purely to promote your own project - we don't have a problem with that, but in return we do expect you to at least fit in with the local norms of behaviour. Posting 5 posts doesn't seem a terrible price to pay.

If you don't want to post 5 times before you can post a link, fine - that's your privelege. But at the same time I would ask you to respect the reasons why we have that rule.

How long before someone says "nothing to hide, nothing to fear", not me, that's just a quote.

You got it in 1 there mate "Nothing to hide nothing to fear", unless you have been setting fire to old ladies bins in the middle of the night.

Oh my, I just went and played four games in the jokes, games, celebrations forum to get my 5 posts, and ended up doing a thousand plus more posts last month :hihi: :hihi: The 5 post rule was no hardship to me, if you want something bad enough, you will go and get it, by the time Darren Polla had finished arguing his point, he could have posted his links instead of saying goodnight. :hihi: :hihi:

I Haven't got a problem with posting 5 times.

I have a problem being told I must post 5 times before I can post a link.

It's called freedom of choice!

The owner of the site is exercising his freedom of choice to reduce the chance of spamming

Can't remember the name of the thread!

use the search facility (if you wish)

Why can't I start my own thread and start my own debate? Why are you people so controlling?

you can, but it might be merged as duplicate topics are a waste of bandwidth and time

Don't like a newbie rocking your boat eh?

Did you just join to rock the boat?

You watch my movie and you'll see just how much a part of the debate I am a part of.

Thanks for your thoughts and a link to the fingerprint thread.

You seem rather adversarial in tone, you'll have a more pleasant time here if you try to be respectful of members and the forum in general.

Good day to you all. Well, well, well, I seemed to have made a few ripples in the waters here.

For those that find my sense of humour rather drull I appologise profusely. I am prone to making sarcastic remarks, especially in the early hours.

There are indeed many threads in this forum I wish to post to. This is why I have joined your forum. The mutual exchange and sharing of infomation is what drives me here.

I just like to choose for myself when to say it. So I have a sarcastic moment over it and you (whoever) have one at me. Sounds about fair to me.

Rocking the boat can be a good thing sometimes, as long as one doesn't overturn it.

Why can't I start my own thread and start my own debate? Why are you people so controlling?

you can, but it might be merged as duplicate topics are a waste of bandwidth and time

Running a search on fingerprinting will bring up 20 results, many of them related to this biometric topic. (sorry I can't yet post a link to this search..)

I don't see them merged into one topic to save time and bandwidth. I see an attempt at centralised control.

Thanks for forcing my thread over to this insightful one.

My sense of humour!:D

Hey purdyamos, love the pic, I never saw myself in that light, I take your point, it is funny.

Thanks for the welcome happyhippy:)

Say NO To Having Your School Children's Finger Prints Taken Without Consent!

So this is what it is called.

This is a great thread fred_notdead. I'm glad you posted it mate.

Schools in the UK are fingerprinting and photographing children from primary school age without infoming parents or even considering asking for permission, all this is done undercover and kept quiet just for purposes of keeping track..

This is one of the key points of the whole agenda. Why indeed, if it is only for school meals and library books, would there be so much stealth, secrecy, lies and deciet?

I believe the answer to this question lies in a little device called The Implantable Microchip!

Some of you will be horrorfied at this, as you will see!

My little boy needs feeding so I will Continue this a bit later.

Best

Darren

"Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values." Dalai Lama

• 5 months later...

Recently you may have received a letter explaining that our children will all be fingerprinted as part of the new library system, with assurances as to its security and use.

However, this is only half the story. This system is an invasion of your child's privacy. There is little in place to protect this data and any security breach could seriously affect our children for the rest of their lives.

Microsoft's Identity Architect Kim Cameron states, "It is absolutely premature to begin using conventional biometrics in schools", and otherworld-renowned experts agree. Please visit this website for more information:

leavethemkidsalone.com

The letter says it's not an actual fingerprint that's stored, but a `number'. What is in fact stored is a fingerprint template. This is an international template employed by the police, the security services and governments to identify criminals.

In future, among other uses, templates will also be used to authenticate passports and bank accounts,and facilitate health service & social security access, hence this data is extremely valuable.

Gathering and holding it in this way represents a serious risk of identity fraud to your child in the future.Despite claims to the contrary it is possible to extract a fingerprint image from the system.German researchers have already achieved this.

There's nothing in place to prevent the authorities from obtaining this data in future and storing it in acentral criminal database.

The information provided to parents thus far has been given at very short notice, allowing no time forparents to enquire about or challenge the system

Manufacturers' claims are being presented to parents as statements of fact.Most independent security experts dispute them.

This is an unregulated practice and vendors are seizing the opportunity to get these systems installedin schools. If unregulated, how can we be sure that these companies will not one day abuse the data?

The fingerprinting part of the system is optional. You do not need to have your child fingerprinted inorder to use the library. Many children continue to use the library without problems, without everhaving submitted a fingerprint and even after having their data removed.

Remember, this has been done without your consent and at very short notice. If the practice is soinnocent, foolproof and necessary, why doesn't the school seek consent first, like they do foreverything else?

They say they are complying with all the legal requirements in terms of its use. This remainsto be seen, but it's not compliance that's the issue here - it's a question of trust!

If you value your child's privacy please visit: leavethemkidsalone.com for further information(things that can't be covered on one leaflet) and contact the school to have your child's' fingerprintdata removed from their systems, either directly or by handing in the form below.If you feel strongly about this, also contact our local MP and councillors and make your voices heard!

i don't understand. you said they are taking your child's finger prints but then said it's not mandatory. Why not opt out?

I agree with you. If they did it at my daughters school I would also want to opt out. But it sounds like they are allowing you to do that so can't see much of a problem.

i don't understand. you said they are taking your child's finger prints but then said it's not mandatory. Why not opt out?

I agree with you. If they did it at my daughters school I would also want to opt out. But it sounds like they are allowing you to do that so can't see much of a problem.

Precisely. :confused:

Recently you may have received a letter explaining that our children will all be fingerprinted as part of the new library system' date=' with assurances as to its security and use. [/quote']

The fingerprinting part of the system is optional. You do not need to have your child fingerprinted inorder to use the library. Many children continue to use the library without problems, without everhaving submitted a fingerprint and even after having their data removed.

Archived