Massive UK Drugs & Guns Police Raid!

Is the UK drug & gun culture problem spiraling out of control? or are the police keeping on top of the problem?

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news/topstories/display.var.1324481.0.23_arrested_in_rasta_temple_drugs_raid.php

&

http://www.itv.com/news/index_d7088172efefdd2f9d92f253c19a2fe9.html

What do you think?

Guest Mod_Man

There is definitely a problem but I wouldn't want to comment. :hihi:

There is certainly a problem. It is only a certain amount of problematic individuals who cause problems in communities, communities who prolong the criminals ability to continue their murderous actions by not coming forward either through misguided loyalty or fear of reprisals.

I feel that the police combat drugs and gun crime very well considering the limited resources that they have, however, I feel that they are not backed up up the present junta, the CPS or the judiciary.

People who have guns and drugs (with intent to supply) in their possession are invariably unpleasant people and should be locked up for a decent amount of time if they are found to have either on them.

The solution involves rapid entry teams, hard nosed judges, sane members of the CPS, old fashioned Screws and bloody long sentences.

I think the gun problem is much of a muchness....

There are very few of the armed robberies of the 1970 and 1980s..

However, the drug gang member v drug gang member shootings are on the up... although you'd have to look hard for the term drug gang member in the media. "Promoter" of this and that is usually the best wishy washy job description.

In my opinion Mr and Mrs average has nothing to worry about regarding the minor gun ownership by drug dealers....at this time.

the criminals begin to organise the trade better all the time, the authorities can't control it and problems for mr and mrs average increase, the police don't act when they should and armed robberry will soon be on the increase.

problems for mr and mrs average increase

Please explain how gun crime affects Mr and Mrs Average

the police don't act when they should

If you can't back that up with facts. Please back it up with some vague idea of what you mean...

I'd agree that gun culture appears to be primarily in the drug related sector and that the average citizen will probably never see a gun. That does mean though, that Police resources can be focused on a minority. I believe that the Police know who 80% of this criminal element are, and that they should have the powers to act upon them. They carry guns for bravado, but if the possession of a gun carried a mandatory life sentence, I think that once a few had been put away the attitude may change.

So you've googled a bit and found four incidents. Tragedies, I know. The Dando murder was several years ago, for goodness sake. But (harsh as it may sound) still not exactly a major worry for "Mrs and Mrs Average".

In the last 12 months or so, the numbers of UK murders where a firearm was used was: 73.

The number of knife related/bladed murders (including domestic murders with a knife): 236

Out of a nation of 60 million people, I personally don't think those crime figures are too bad....

There is far more danger of being hit by a drunk or dangerous driver...Road deaths on average = over 3000

Lets get things into perspective here...

Firearms are ten a penny on this estate, sometimes converted blank firers reworked to fire .22 rimfire bullets and sometimes genuine pistols or cut down shotguns.

I have been threatened with a pistol on two seperate occasions, once for being in the wrong place at the wrong time and the other for lipping off at the wrong person.

A friend of mine was shot twice right on our front with a 9mm parabellum...mistaken identity.

Another friend of mine was shot and killed by her boyfriend not long ago.

Another mate was shot in his own house by his girlfriends ex.

Two other lads I know were also shot outside a local pub for crossing the wrong person just last year, again not a drug related incident.

I do know other lads that have been involved in shooting incidents that probably had some drug connection.

Most people think shootings are always drug related but in my experience only a few ever have been.

I have seen grit bins in industrial areas around Sheffield that have been shot full of holes by people testing them to see if they work.

Edit: Just remembered another incident outside Southey working mens club years ago involving people I know, again not drug related.

Thats whats worrying about these incidents, they were just simple arguments or misunderstandings that could have been settled in a more civilised way.

So you've googled a bit and found four incidents. Tragedies, I know. The Dando murder was several years ago, for goodness sake. But (harsh as it may sound) still not exactly a major worry for "Mrs and Mrs Average".

In the last 12 months or so, the numbers of UK murders where a firearm was used was: 73.

The number of knife related/bladed murders (including domestic murders with a knife): 236

Out of a nation of 60 million people, I personally don't think those crime figures are too bad....

There is far more danger of being hit by a drunk or dangerous driver...Road deaths on average = over 3000

Lets get things into perspective here...

yes lets! what about all the misery hard drugs and the addicts have caused on normal everyday people? with the endless robbing and other violence it will have caused? its the knock on effect of all this what causes a lot of crime in society.

and are the general public supposed to take comfort in the fact were more likely to get knocked down by a drunk driver?

i know the police have a hard job to do and take a hell of a lot of crap off scum daily but unless the hard drugs /gang problem is kept off the streets then decent people in society are going to be affected.