Massive UK Drugs & Guns Police Raid!

So you've googled a bit and found four incidents. Tragedies, I know. The Dando murder was several years ago, for goodness sake. But (harsh as it may sound) still not exactly a major worry for "Mrs and Mrs Average".

In the last 12 months or so, the numbers of UK murders where a firearm was used was: 73.

The number of knife related/bladed murders (including domestic murders with a knife): 236

Out of a nation of 60 million people, I personally don't think those crime figures are too bad....

There is far more danger of being hit by a drunk or dangerous driver...Road deaths on average = over 3000

Lets get things into perspective here...

yes lets! what about all the misery hard drugs and the addicts have caused on normal everyday people? with the endless robbing and other violence it will have caused? its the knock on effect of all this what causes a lot of crime in society.

and are the general public supposed to take comfort in the fact were more likely to get knocked down by a drunk driver?

i know the police have a hard job to do and take a hell of a lot of crap off scum daily but unless the hard drugs /gang problem is kept off the streets then decent people in society are going to be affected.

My little bro's been held up at gunpoint. As to if it is spirallying out of control... no i dont think it is but it is on the increase.

As for drugs. I dont think legalising/decriminalising is a good idea.

Although recreational drug use may be relativly harmless except to the indervidual concerned. Highly addictive drugs ruin lives of the inderviduals and those around them. Giving them away free wont stop that happening and someone has to pay for the drugs.... I aint paying for some junky to get his fix cos he cant be arsed to quit.

So you make it so people have to pay for them - they are still going to have to find the money somehow. And as smackheads have not been known for their dilligence and hard work they going to get the cash by ripping off ordinary people.

No - legalising hard drugs would not solve anything other than making it easier for people to try it and get hooked. You may remove the pressure on police to bust ordinary users but there would be less pressure to quit - therefore more users - therefore more associated crime.

Please explain how gun crime affects Mr and Mrs Average

If you can't back that up with facts. Please back it up with some vague idea of what you mean...

I know a family who were burgled and held at gunpoint, by the same poeple who burgled and held me at knifepoint, whom haven't been caught. (Note evidence wasn't taken by the police when it could have been)

Ive been chased at gunpoint by 2 brothers (one whom shot somebody in bar matrix) they also robbed 6 of my mates at gunpoint and i believe others.

I know a guy who was kidnapped had machetes held to him and robbed.

I expect the people who robbed that family at gunpoint will have learned from the robberry and i expect them to use their head and begin to rob more wealthy people, maybe it will be taken seroiusly then.

yes lets! what about all the misery hard drugs and the addicts have caused on normal everyday people? with the endless robbing and other violence it will have caused? its the knock on effect of all this what causes a lot of crime in society.

I agree.. it's shocking and sickening... Yet the only people (or body of people) that appear to be concerned about it are the police. Crimestoppers isn't exactly a 20 minute call waiting service to get through. There aren't enough people informing the police of their suspicouns, fears, thoughts, etc etc. People don't want to be a 'grass' etc... and turn the other way.

and are the general public supposed to take comfort in the fact were more likely to get knocked down by a drunk driver?

You're not supposed to take comfort in it, (but I can understand your reason for sarcasm). You are supposed to realise that you are far far more likely to be killed by someone behind a wheel than by someone behind a gun or a needle. Fact. Fact. Fact. Fact.

i know the police have a hard job to do and take a hell of a lot of crap off scum daily

I personally don't think we take much crap at all. The decent member of the public faces more crap that an average police officer. Mr Scumbag will threaten his neighbour, he'll swear at the woman in the post office because his giro is late, he'll threaten the young lad in the McDonalds queue for being in front of him etc... But when the police arrive.. Mr Scumbag will often try to be Mr Nice...and very rarely will he turn violent.

The public face far more crap than the cops..and it's not on. Our tolerance levels appear to be wildly different nowadays.

The decent people appear to put up with and take so much crap.. Whilst the bad guys seem to rise to abuse and aggression at the drop of a hat !

but unless the hard drugs /gang problem is kept off the streets then decent people in society are going to be affected.

Hard drugs are here to stay...they've been here for centuries and with better communication, better vehicles, better lines of contact..it just gets better and better.

It's how we deal with the perpetrators that will ultimately seal the fate of this country...:help: