Sheffield Football Clubs to merge?

That is a stupid comment to make.......those football clubs are institutions that have been built up year on year (unlike Chelsea), they have been well run on and off the field by football people and sound sensible business men.Unlike both Sheffield clubs i.e Reg Brerely and Dave Richardsa

why is it a stupid comment?

United and wednesday don't do what Manure do, and put out a new kit every couple of hours, just to screw more money out of the mugs who buy their replica kits....

Manure charge a small fortune for their season tickets, unlike teams like Weds and Utd.

Those clubs may have been going for donkeys years, but, it's their branding that has earned them a lot of money. My nephew was a man u "supporter", but it wasn't real "fan-dom" it was glory hunting. Pure and simple.

I stand by my comment. Man u and the like have had shedloads of money chucked at them. I defy any team to do poorly, when they have the sort of backing those teams had.

How do you confuse a Man U fan, BTW?

Show them a map of Manchester!

I remember watching a prem' match a couple of years back, where man U were in london, vs one of the london teams, Chelski, Arsenal, or whoever, and the home fans had me in stitches.

they were chanting, from the home end, at the man u fans:-

"You only live round the corner, live round the corner"

"You;ll be home in five minutes, Home in five minutes!"

Shame on you bigblade!! You can't remember when the Blades were in Europe!! :rolleyes:

(last year, pre season training) :hihi:

I went to Piacenza to watch the Mighty Super Blades away in the oh-so-prestigious-Anglo-Italian Cup in 1994/5.

We drew 2-2.

I didn't make the next match away at Cesena.

We won 4-1.

'Bout reight.

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

I remember watching a prem' match a couple of years back, where man U were in london, vs one of the london teams, Chelski, Arsenal, or whoever, and the home fans had me in stitches.

Football chants are the best! Where else can grown men and women act so childishly:hihi:

why is it a stupid comment?

United and wednesday don't do what Manure do, and put out a new kit every couple of hours, just to screw more money out of the mugs who buy their replica kits....

Manure charge a small fortune for their season tickets, unlike teams like Weds and Utd.

Those clubs may have been going for donkeys years, but, it's their branding that has earned them a lot of money. My nephew was a man u "supporter", but it wasn't real "fan-dom" it was glory hunting. Pure and simple.

I stand by my comment. Man u and the like have had shedloads of money chucked at them. I defy any team to do poorly, when they have the sort of backing those teams had.

Obviously you no nothing about Football:loopy:

Due to the current mediocrity of both Sheffield football clubs and the continuing lack of success in terms of silverware isnt it about time that Sheffield, being Englands 4th largest city, started to have the capacity to compete on the European stage similar to Manchester United and Liverpool? As an outsider i think the best way forward would be for the 2 clubs to merge, play at Don Valley Stadium and for the existing stadia to be sold and for the money generated to be used to attract players of the calibre of gerrard, ronaldo etc etc. I suggest the name of Sheffield City. Please discuss

And who is that Trip Trapping over my bridge???

This has been done to death before several times, shall we stop now?

Oooh I remember the first time I heard a discussion about this... think it was about 12 years ago :rolleyes:

Sheffield's football clubs aren't Rangers and Celtic so a merger isn't impossible. I doubt it would happen at any point in the next two decades though.

surely one team with all the resources pooled together would make for a more successful club.
with no supporters where will the resources come from?

here we go again....

I doubt very much the clubs will merge. There is too much rivalry between the fans.

it wont happen as they would have no fanbase so many things about the ground too bramall lane now is way better than hilsborough as its falling to bits bramall the lane is becoming a top class ground

They could merge quite easily ,just close the middlewood club down, but they would be no better than leeds.