Anybody from Hackenthorpe?

Hi only just joind Ernest Bingham allso worked at keeton and sons on Greenland rd he was the convener there worked with my hubby Ken Antcliff,my uncle was Fred Lycett he was the manager your anut worked at Birly Spa school Inow were there cottage was could several times with my hubby. I have lived at Hachenthorpe since 1954 started of on Cotligh cresent still live there, I have spent 56 great years living here.

Is that Cliff Keeton and sons?

hello I have found some good memories here. does anyone have info on the smalley family who lived on cotliegh drive? I knew david and his sister jean in the late 1950s.

Was Mr smalley the caretaker of Shirebrook school?

i lived in hackenthorpe in the late 50s and early 60s i it was on carr forge road dont know the number

my best friend was ronnie best he was very big for his age we went to rainbow forge infant school together.

my favorite memory is of getting a cake from the shop on my mothers bill and shared it with the girl next door we ate it under the bin shed so nobody would see us

and their was a woman we thought at the time was a witch we called her the mad cat woman arnt kids cruel?

my name is steve savage anybody who remembers me from then i would love to here from you my mother and father was ted and bettie

The mad cat woman was Mrs Varty, you can imagine what we used to call her. I knew Ronnie Best, went to a party with him in the mid 70s, he drank a whole bottle of Whisky and passed out in the toilet, nobody could use it for the rest of the night cos he was wedging the door shut.

Hi only just joind Ernest Bingham allso worked at keeton and sons on Greenland rd he was the convener there worked with my hubby Ken Antcliff,my uncle was Fred Lycett he was the manager your anut worked at Birly Spa school Inow were there cottage was could several times with my hubby. I have lived at Hachenthorpe since 1954 started of on Cotligh cresent still live there, I have spent 56 great years living here.

If we are talking of the same Ernest Bingham who was married to Jenny and had 2 boys Jeff and Richard and a girl Pam, they used to live at 19 Dyke Vale Road then moved in the 80's to Drake house Lane.

If it is the same person he was my Uncle.

jayne walkland is still in the village ned.

Clancy Grainsweet are you out there Dympna and Lynne want to know ---Hi Cath Notre Dame wants to get in touch Everly Brothers OK!!!

jayne walkland is still in the village ned.

Is she? I know Jayne... haven't seen her in ages! she used to work at my local pub The Fox & Duck! good laugh! is she ok?

Hi Illarious? - my parents lived on Delves Terrace, which was the road at the terminus by the Hoggs Head. Is this the road you are referring to? They lived at 17.

A MUCH USED THREAD I KNOW BUT THOUGHT I WOULD PUT MY SPOKE IN.i GREW UP ON COTLEIGH AVE, FROM 53 ONWARDS, SHORT FAMILY, 2 OLDER BROTHERS BARRY AND KEITH, MY NAMES LINDA. STILL LIVE ON HACKENTHORPE AS DO MANY OF THE PEOPLE I GREW UP WITH, WORSE THING WE EVER GOT UP TO WAS KNICKING A BOTTLE OF MILK NOT LIKE TODAY, THERE BUSY GOING ROUND SLASHING CAR TYRES AROUND US AT THE MOMENT. WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THE BLUE BELL, WAS THE PLACE TO BE THEN, EXCEPT IF YOU HAD TO CATCH THE LAST BUS HOME TO TOWN AND MET UP WITH THE LOT COMING OUT OF THE BIRLEY.I WORKED AT CARTER LODGE YOUTH CLUB FOR MANY YEARS BEHIND THE SNACK BAR, HAD MARRIED BY THEN BUT GOT ON WELL WITH THE NEXT UP AND COMING GENERATION. STILL SEE LOTS OF OLD FACES AROUND ;):roll:

A MUCH USED THREAD I KNOW BUT THOUGHT I WOULD PUT MY SPOKE IN.i GREW UP ON COTLEIGH AVE, FROM 53 ONWARDS, SHORT FAMILY, 2 OLDER BROTHERS BARRY AND KEITH, MY NAMES LINDA. STILL LIVE ON HACKENTHORPE AS DO MANY OF THE PEOPLE I GREW UP WITH, WORSE THING WE EVER GOT UP TO WAS KNICKING A BOTTLE OF MILK NOT LIKE TODAY, THERE BUSY GOING ROUND SLASHING CAR TYRES AROUND US AT THE MOMENT. WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THE BLUE BELL, WAS THE PLACE TO BE THEN, EXCEPT IF YOU HAD TO CATCH THE LAST BUS HOME TO TOWN AND MET UP WITH THE LOT COMING OUT OF THE BIRLEY.I WORKED AT CARTER LODGE YOUTH CLUB FOR MANY YEARS BEHIND THE SNACK BAR, HAD MARRIED BY THEN BUT GOT ON WELL WITH THE NEXT UP AND COMING GENERATION. STILL SEE LOTS OF OLD FACES AROUND ;):roll:

I was friends with your brother Barry. Later we both went to Thornbridge. He had a long standing girlfriend I seem to remember who lived near The Golden Plover. (Linda somebody)

Barry and I met once in the 70's - by coincidence. He called at our house in Walkley. Was he a salesman or something?

Edited by vox2

Empty bottles to Hogshead pub for deposit back, quick look in bike shop window, penny's worth of YZ (the one with the owl on) gum from machine on post office wall, then watch Farmer Spencer (who owned the green Ford Thames van bring his cows in ... before heading off down the fields (which were reputedly haunted) behind the village school for a spot of spider hunting.

PC 'Walt' Disney would remind us we "should be home by now" if he ran into us with his purple and white push bike.

Where did 1958 go????

I'm going to cry now.:hihi: