Bradfield School Catchment Changes

I have just attended a very heated debate about the proposed changes to the catchment rules for Bradfield School.

I have read through the other posts regarding Wisewood School/Myers Grove and wonder if anyone can confirm - is the Wisewood school closure now definate, or is it still up for debate??

I have just attended a very heated debate about the proposed changes to the catchment rules for Bradfield School.

I have read through the other posts regarding Wisewood School/Myers Grove and wonder if anyone can confirm - is the Wisewood school closure now definate, or is it still up for debate??

up for debate still, where was the meeting?

What changes are they proposing?

What changes are they proposing?

some of the middlewood estate & winn gardens coming in to brady catchment & nook lane going to Myers/wisewood.

I've heard these rumours too......Wisewood side of the Loxley Valley going to Bradfield. Stannington side going to the "new" super school on Myers Site.

Must say it makes sense to me regarding traffice measure's but people living in there big houses up in Stannington Village won't be happy.

I've heard these rumours too......Wisewood side of the Loxley Valley going to Bradfield. Stannington side going to the "new" super school on Myers Site.

Must say it makes sense to me regarding traffice measure's but people living in there big houses up in Stannington Village won't be happy.

According to the council, "the catchment area's will not be altered"

It's amazing how they can change there minds isn't it, wonder if it's anything to do with the up comming local elections?

I thought the deal was that you could apply for either the new school or Bradfield if you were from Stannington village - like I can see loads of parents opting for the new school cant you:rolleyes: Is this not what they are saying now?

I thought the deal was that you could apply for either the new school or Bradfield if you were from Stannington village - like I can see loads of parents opting for the new school cant you:rolleyes: Is this not what they are saying now?

As it is you can apply for any school, but if it's full from the catchment area feeder schools it's second choice city I'm afraid. So untill the new school builds a reputation, it will be brady at the top of the wish list for parents at this side of town.

up for debate still, where was the meeting?

from the information I have received from my daughters school Myers Grove and Shooters Grove beacause nobody came up with a feasable option wisewood will be closed the new school will be built the only thing that is still up for debate is wether the new school will be a 11 to 16 centre as first put forward or a 11 to 19 centre meaning that the 14 - 19 centre that was to be at the wisewood centre would change and the catchment areas. I`m sure there is a meeting over this tonight but not quite sue where

from the information I have received from my daughters school Myers Grove and Shooters Grove beacause nobody came up with a feasable option wisewood will be closed the new school will be built the only thing that is still up for debate is wether the new school will be a 11 to 16 centre as first put forward or a 11 to 19 centre meaning that the 14 - 19 centre that was to be at the wisewood centre would change and the catchment areas. I`m sure there is a meeting over this tonight but not quite sue where

Can see the hillsborough college objecting to that, as it will make it a school with a sixth form, something the lea have resisted doing for 24 years!

Can see the hillsborough college objecting to that, as it will make it a school with a sixth form, something the lea have resisted doing for 24 years!

Ah but you see its not going to be a traditional sixth form .. with A levels and the like (well they say it might have a few). Id love the new school to have a proper 6th form since we are stuck with having the blooming thing. From what I can see kids do much better at schools based 6th forms - why do the LEA hate the idea of proper 6th forms?

As it is you can apply for any school, but if it's full from the catchment area feeder schools it's second choice city I'm afraid. So untill the new school builds a reputation, it will be brady at the top of the wish list for parents at this side of town.

Sorry I meant that they were talking about Stannington/ Nook Lane being feeders for both the new school and Bradfield:) Its a shame that the ficticious 'parental choice' really doesnt figure anywhere in deciding where your kids are educated:(