Bradfield School Catchment Changes

Can see the hillsborough college objecting to that, as it will make it a school with a sixth form, something the lea have resisted doing for 24 years!

Ah but you see its not going to be a traditional sixth form .. with A levels and the like (well they say it might have a few). Id love the new school to have a proper 6th form since we are stuck with having the blooming thing. From what I can see kids do much better at schools based 6th forms - why do the LEA hate the idea of proper 6th forms?

As it is you can apply for any school, but if it's full from the catchment area feeder schools it's second choice city I'm afraid. So untill the new school builds a reputation, it will be brady at the top of the wish list for parents at this side of town.

Sorry I meant that they were talking about Stannington/ Nook Lane being feeders for both the new school and Bradfield:) Its a shame that the ficticious 'parental choice' really doesnt figure anywhere in deciding where your kids are educated:(

Ah but you see its not going to be a traditional sixth form .. with A levels and the like (well they say it might have a few). Id love the new school to have a proper 6th form since we are stuck with having the blooming thing. From what I can see kids do much better at schools based 6th forms - why do the LEA hate the idea of proper 6th forms?

They made the decision on cost years ago to move to 6th form colleges on the basis of cost & have stuck by it ever since, bradfield have been pushing for a few years now to get a 6th form as quite a few of there students stay in post 16 education. & at 1 point they were pretty close to getting it, looks like that will be scuppered now:loopy:

They made the decision on cost years ago to move to 6th form colleges on the basis of cost & have stuck by it ever since, bradfield have been pushing for a few years now to get a 6th form as quite a few of there students stay in post 16 education. & at 1 point they were pretty close to getting it, looks like that will be scuppered now:loopy:

Thats a shame:( Thats the only thing against Bradfield atm!

Thats a shame:( Thats the only thing against Bradfield atm!

well the council constantly give brady false hope on all sorts of things, 6th form, new buildings, more money & it all ends up as "pie in the sky", it's a good job the staff, governors & pupils carry on regardless imo

There is a meeting tonight for parents with children attending Loxley Primary to discuss catchment area changes. Council representatives will be attending. I think it applies more to the parents that don't live in the Loxley Primary catchment area.

I have been told we are OK as we live in Loxley.