Should cannabis be legal

Should Cannabis be made legal?  

362 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cannabis be made legal?

• Yes, but I have never tried it and would still not try it if legal
    • Yes, I have tried it anyway, so what difference does it make!
    • Yes, I have never tried it, but would if it were legal
    • Yes, but only for controlled medical use
    • No, I do not agree with it being legalised for any reason
    • Not sure either way

Originally posted by BigLady

Hello there

I think any 'drug' is addictive to an addictive personality. Alcohol is a drug its just that the government decided it was ok to bang a load of tax on it and make some money. If the 'trend' years ago was to smoke cannabis, would alcohol be illegal and blow taxed to the hind teeth????

opium use was widespread in the last century. Coca cola was so named because it contained cocaine as an ingredient.

Alcohol may have been more popular, probably because it was more readily available, but I presume it took quite some time to drive other drug use out of popular culture (in fact it probably never succeded - instead 'they' just managed to convince the middle classes that 'drugs' were bad, whilst many privately throughout every class continued to use them).

Originally posted by Cyclone

opium use was widespread in the last century. Coca cola was so named because it contained cocaine as an ingredient.

Alcohol may have been more popular, probably because it was more readily available, but I presume it took quite some time to drive other drug use out of popular culture (in fact it probably never succeded - instead 'they' just managed to convince the middle classes that 'drugs' were bad, whilst many privately throughout every class continued to use them).

Well, I never thought this would happen - a post of Cyclone's that I totally agree with!! :o:)

StarSparkle

Originally posted by mjlacey21

That was really interesting Toronto - thanks

The problem is, most of it was stolen word for word from several Bob Marley/pro-marijuana articles on various websites - particularly the lines: "The only drugs policy that will work relies on information and compassion for our fellow human beings" and "Nobody any longer believes that marijuana turns ordinary people into bloodthirsty lunatics".

Perhaps wisely for his/her "argument" I notice Toronto chose not to include the line "Let me assure you that I don't think smoking 10 fat joints a day is particularly good for you" from the same website.

Selective plagiarism, anyone?

Thank you Mojoworking.

Let me confirm for you that I have never stolen anything in my life.

I am clear about marijuana and the reasons for Bob Marley's demise.

You can be assured that the facts that I presented to Sheffield Forum Members were obtained from 1 website not various - "Bob Marley/pro-marijuana articles on various websites" -

I invite you all to read the article and be bold enough to judge for yourself - what is worse alcohol or cannibis?

http://www.joewein.de/kaya.htm

Originally posted by Toronto

Thank you Mojoworking.

Let me confirm for you that I have never stolen anything in my life.

Well, you certainly stole all the words in your original post, my friend. Strange that you made absolutely no attempt to credit the source of your fine words until now though (the same profound quotes are repeated on several sites about Bob Marley).

I wonder if you would have continued to pass this off as your own work and accept praise for it had you not been exposed as a plagiarist?

the point i made was the only physically addictive drugs you mentioned WERE NOT the ones being discussed in this thread ie:- cannabis and alcohol AND alcohol is the only one out of the 2 that is physically addictive ie:-shakes etc.

i never said all those other addictions (sex, shopping, gambling, food etc) were physically addictive, i was stating how even more acceptable / normal everyday things can be just as addictive / damaging ie:- can lead to robbery to fund the addiction, other crime / losing family, job , friends, liberty, home etc

some people seem to forget those when on an anti drugs spiel.

I think we're disagreeing about "can be just as addictive" then.

There is a clear difference between a physical and a mental dependency, I would generally describe the former as 'more' addictive than the latter group.

Originally posted by BigLady

Hello there

I think any 'drug' is addictive to an addictive personality.

You have it spot on there. Unfortunately, one problem is that many people try things at a time in their lives when they are still developing physically and emotionally, and the dependency comes on a lot faster because they simply aren't as developed at an earlier age.

Both can be detrimental in different ways. It depends on how much you abuse them.

Alcohol - liver damage, brain damage, cardiovascular damage, whole system damage. Makes you agressive and so - antisocial.

Weed - lung damage, cardiovascular damage, brain damage - short term memory. Makes you unlikely to be agressive but makes you 'dopey' and maybe therefore antisocial.

Differences no attributed deaths to actual cannabis - but there are the smoking effects.

Alcohol - many attributed deaths.

swings and roundabouts

Archived