Should cannabis be legal

Should Cannabis be made legal?  

362 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cannabis be made legal?

• Yes, but I have never tried it and would still not try it if legal
    • Yes, I have tried it anyway, so what difference does it make!
    • Yes, I have never tried it, but would if it were legal
    • Yes, but only for controlled medical use
    • No, I do not agree with it being legalised for any reason
    • Not sure either way

Originally posted by melthebell

and its definately worse for your spelling :P

I think you'll find it's spelled 'definitely'.

I love it when people shoot themselves in the foot like that... :D

I really don't see the point in comparing these two drugs. Most people on this thread seem to be saying alcohol is a dangerous substance. Surely those people who hold that view should be making a concerted effort to restrict the availability of alcohol rather than saying that because alcohol is bad we should legalise yet another substance? :confused:

Originally posted by grinboy

....Add this to the fact that coffee is also more toxic than cannabis (if you drink enough to give you a bit of a light headed feeling you get from your first toke on a spliff), and you can see why some would argue for its legalisation.

You should change your dealer. It sounds like he's selling you some pretty second rate dope if you're getting a stronger buzz from a cup of coffee! ;)

Originally posted by hade

What on earth has cannabis got to do with heroin?

Yes they're labelled under the loose term "drugs", but share no similarities whatsoever.

So in the loose term "food", are people who use mild chedder cheese more likely to move on to harder stuff like stilton?

I don't think so..

I think the argument here is that once a user becomes involved in the "drug culture" it's only a small step from one drug to another. That makes perfect sense to me.

Originally posted by melthebell

everybody gets addicted to something and once addicted it can lead to crime.even shopping, gambling and sex has lead to crime from adicts................again its not about whether you take drugs, its about how many, how often, how your body / mind handles them, whether you take risks.

you are mistaken. People may be psychologically addicted to many things, but I was specifically talking about physical addiction, none of the examples you give are physically addictive, whereas things like nicotine, caffeine and heroin are highly physically addictive (all with different levels of withdrawal symptoms though).

Originally posted by mojoworking

I think the argument here is that once a user becomes involved in the "drug culture" it's only a small step from one drug to another. That makes perfect sense to me.

which is surely an argument to legalise it so that smoking it doesn't mean becoming involved in the drug culture!

Originally posted by mojoworking

You're getting confused now, you've quoted me, but it's gone in one eye and out other.

Drugs=Heroin, coke, cannabis, lsd,ectacy,alcohol, nicotine,caffene,condine, la la la etc...

So people who take any of these are part of the drug culture, therefore for a person who takes ectacy regularly, it's a small step to go on to heroin, or a habitual coffe drinker is prone to fancy a bit of charlie now and again?

Makes perfect sense to me!

You cannot draw comparisons between different classifications of drugs. All drugs have DIFFERENT effects and DIFFERENT types of people that use them. Cannabis and "hard drugs" are as simmilar as a stick of cellery and a meat pie! The cellery will be quite good for you (apart from a tired jaw maybe) and the meat pie will make you tired, increase your aggression and inevitably clog your heart up and make you dead.

Archived