Today - I fell in love with an egg!

Well, today I walked until my feet were sore and I just cannot imagine why? Someone told me last night about their roaming heart and I just felt so enclosed - you do too - sometimes - don't you?

Someone once said; 'the things you own, end up owning you.' I suddenly felt engaged to my sofa, imprisoned by my toaster and mocked by my books.

I walk for about a mile and came to a wooded area and a tangle of weeds and I trekked through as I needed to take the road less traveled. Then I saw it.

It was somewhat larger than a chickens egg, but white like the low sky of the northlands and only just; lying in the cold. It reminded me of something from a distant galaxy; only how could that be, I've never been there, not in this life at least. The mist on the ground covered slightly the base of the egg but it stood up right proud and strong; its granite looking shell like something beyond the work of any Italian sculptor of any age or age to come.

I figured it had been abandoned - by what ever it was that left it there and yet it seemed to stare at me.

I picked it up. The egg. It lay in my hand between me and the swaddling city below. I stared at the marble correctness of it.

An hour later, it was home and I took it to my office - it lay there on the cotton wool I had fashioned into a nest.

And I watch it still - almost breathing through its shell - something. I wait for the tiniest sound or movement, like I'm waiting for the definitive answer to some question I never even asked.

It moves so little, if at all, like a bomb waiting to be itself.

I can't leave it; I love it so much - already! Love without knowing, or reason, stored within a shell.

And if I wait and no alligator nor swan nor snake, then soldiers will come and I will eat my love piece by piece.

You won't understand - no-one knows what loving an egg is like - or, you all do, but you don't like to admit it.

:love:

Substance abuse is such a sad thing :confused:

i want the egg to love you back :(

I think it does love him - but finds it hard to express. It's a strange and beautiful world we live in.

Have you tried sitting on it to keep it warm?

Have you tried sitting on it to keep it warm?

Is that the only thing on your mind :hihi:

Is that the only thing on your mind :hihi:

what????? :P

It is beautiful.

You 2 should set up home together...a nut home...lol

jt

Ummmm! Right ......

So what time was that van arriving with the men in white jackets??