Anyone on here from Woodhouse?

Hi Nanrobbo,

For some reason I cannot remember Mirfins, I went to live there in 1965, used Andersons and Keetons butchers and milk but can't place an allsorts shop.

Remember Dickensons the newsagents he always seemed bad tempered and the identical twins in the chemist. Dr Jacksons was in the village and I'm sure I can remember a corn shop think it was food for horses? Somewhere near the Cross Daggers.

hazel

the place selling corn etc was a farm shop,it was opposite the gearge about where the job center is at present

Anyone know of a reasonably-priced hotel or B&B that is close to Woodhouse. Seems there is nothing in the village at all and I want to visit and do some family research. Thanks.

Anyone know of a reasonably-priced hotel or B&B that is close to Woodhouse. Seems there is nothing in the village at all and I want to visit and do some family research. Thanks.

the nearest one i can see in the yellow pages is at beighton (5 minutes away)0114 269 2004 thought i not got a clue what its like .... hope this helps

Thank you for the suggestion. I did get in touch with the Sheffield Tourist folks and they said the same thing. It looks quite nice actually.....family-run bed and breakfast. Cheers!;)

the place selling corn etc was a farm shop,it was opposite the gearge about where the job center is at present

Yes I vaguely remember the corn shop although I think Fieldings the pet shop also sold that sort of stuff. Billy Andersons grocery moved to the other side of the road and Mirfins was next door. Then what used to be Andersons grocery was made into a Laundromat.

will anybody know the Gott family who lived in the estate next to woodhouse west junior school.possible year's between 1975-1980

i went to woodhouse west school now age 26 then went to city school

hello kids,i lived on badger drive up to 1988 from about 1976?

great times there really.

anybody go to beaver hill and left in 1988,cause a mate of mine is trying to get a reunion sorted?

hello kids,i lived on badger drive up to 1988 from about 1976?

great times there really.

anybody go to beaver hill and left in 1988,cause a mate of mine is trying to get a reunion sorted?

i lived up near the junction from about 1978 or someat (cant rememebr when we moved there tbh)........i moved away in 1988, i went to beaver hill but left in 85

will anybody know the Gott family who lived in the estate next to woodhouse west junior school.possible year's between 1975-1980
her name is Tracey(42), she as a brother and a sister called Sharon(44ish)

i lived in woodhouse twice

first on the severnside then to the badger estate :D

anyone here that left beaver hill in 1988,that's interested in a re-union?

a mates trying to organise one if enough people are up for it!!