Starbucks Coffee Co. - coming to Sheffield

What's the problem with Starbucks making money?

As has been said before if you don't want Starbucks, go elsewhere. If existing coffee shops can be put out of business by Starbucks then it indicates that they're not giving people what they want and that Starbucks is.

Starbucks isn't cheap, isn't the best coffee and many branches are not exactly relaxing environments, but people go there.

I've found the attitude of Starbucks staff to be pretty good in the three or four branches I've used - Edinburgh, Leeds (2) and London. I've had good service in them most of the time, the odd bits of crap service - in other words just like any other eatery. I went to Mama and Leonies some years ago and I was not impressed - whether I got them on a bad day or not I don't know but I've not gone around damning them left, right and centre in the meantime.

It's choice - Starbucks coming here increases the choice available. No one forces you to go there - no Starbucks customers are picketing small coffee shops. Just choose where you want to go and go. Let the market decide!

Joe

Originally posted by Sony

Good ols sheffielder "I'll stick to what I've been doing for a years.." thats why half of the shops coming to Sheffield stay open for a year or so. Because of people like you who cannot accept that Sheffield is changing into a 21st century city...

Zoobies is new, Sheffielders clearly didn't resist that change!

Originally posted by Captain_Scarlet

The chain does has bucks in its name... How revealing can that be :D :D

It also has star in its name. Maybe they originate from space and are run by green tentacled aliens who use the coffee as a form of mind control.

2 new starbucks are planned folks, and I'll give you one guess where they'll be: One on Division street planned to open in January 2005 and another one on Ecclesall Rd planned for April 2005 or sooner.

Good news or bad news?? Good news for me!!:clap:

Archived