Bungalows and Bears, Division Street

firecracker

Bungalows and Bears - how do you rate it?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Bungalows and Bears - how do you rate it?

Don't really think that's expensive for a burger is it?

It depends what you get, for £6 I would expect a hand made 100% real beef burger, fresh bread cake, pickles, salad and perhaps fries on the side.

Don't really think that's expensive for a burger is it?

A burger and a drink doesn't give you much change from a tenner. I haven't eaten there myself, so I can't comment on whether the food is any good, but I'm put off by paying that much for food in what is really just a bar.

• 1 month later...

Despite going in the last three weekends with no problem, last night we were told we needed the membership cards....:suspect:

I wonder if this was it...

Two previous weekends i was out with my twenty something friends...

Last night i was out with my thirty something friends...:suspect:

I have been in there many, many times and never been asked for this membership card.

The girlfriends i was out with last night don't go out very often but they weren't dressed like chavs just happened to be in their thirties.

Big huge mistake! I will tell EVERYONE I know how pretentious this place is and take my custom away. I don't make a big song and dance at the time just walk away.

Despite going in the last three weekends with no problem, last night we were told we needed the membership cards....:suspect:

I wonder if this was it...

Two previous weekends i was out with my twenty something friends...

Last night i was out with my thirty something friends...:suspect:

I have been in there many, many times and never been asked for this membership card.

Big huge mistake! I will tell EVERYONE I know how pretentious this place is and take my custom away. I don't make a big song and dance at the time just walk away.

The last [previous] 2 weekends have been very quiet in town.

This weekend has been the busiest since before Christmas. Strange coincidence huh?

If they have membership cards thats fine by me but it wont work if they want custom especially as it changes day by day. it annoys me that some people slag off townies. What are townies (people who drink in town). I conclude that even the pretentious types that go in here are townies. Anyone can put on a suit and get a membership card but some of us do not have the time to mess about especially when they seem to turn the policy on and off at will and that is why people get annoyed. I have no problem with membership clubs if they are consistent i.e no card no entry at anytime.

Archived