The absolutely huge 'moan about cyclists' megathread

Guest Guest

Cyclists in Sheffield  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Cyclists in Sheffield

• Give em a break, give em some room
    • You don't pay road tax, get off the road

Isn't it funny, these people who are always slagging off cyclists are obese lard arses who haven't exercised since leaving school, eat pies allday, drink to excess, use words like 'enger-land' and are suffering early syptoms of diabetes, and heart disease. Never mind, you can always find somebody to blame except yourself you fat stressed out morons! :hihi:

and how would you know its people who dont ride bikes come on here and slagged cyclists off.

and when did you become a doctor.

my daughter has diabetes and she doesnt eat pies all day, and drinks to excess and she isnt fat.

and who are you calling other posters fat stressed out morons, probably the mad cyclist who got the punch on the nose

FOR SALE

I mountain bike (Adult) slightly bent & buckled frame & covered in yoghurt.

very good off road especially pavements . Ideal bike for shopping & stunt riding or just nipping through traffic. Can be ridden one handed no problem.

one careful owner apply A & E department Northern general. £150 o.n.o

FOR SALE

I mountain bike (Adult) slightly bent & buckled frame & covered in yoghurt.

very good off road especially pavements . Ideal bike for shopping & stunt riding or just nipping through traffic. Can be ridden one handed no problem.

one careful owner apply A & E department Northern general. £150 o.n.o

You can get more for it than that, it's now famous!!:smile:

and how would you know its people who dont ride bikes come on here and slagged cyclists off.

and when did you become a doctor.

my daughter has diabetes and she doesnt eat pies all day, and drinks to excess and she isnt fat.

and who are you calling other posters fat stressed out morons, probably the mad cyclist who got the punch on the nose

Your daughter probably has type 1 diabetes (especially if she's young?), I imagine the poster was referring to type 2 diabetes (NIDDM) which can be a result of prolonged poor diet (i.e high in fats and sugars).

Incidentally, that cyclist in Cornwall who killed a pedestrian - didn't he avoid a jail sentence on the grounds of diminished responsibility or something?

Come on, it's alot less than what could have happened to him, or one of the people he nearly ran into.

Let's face it, if he was not being a, well you know, he would not have got punched. Perhaps he'll think twice next time and show a little more concern for others safety.

Exactly.

I mean he was acting well out of order and by the sounds of it he could of hurt himself with the way he was acting anyway. Except this time he messed with the wrong driver and got what was coming to him. Not that I agree with violence to solve things.

Isn't it funny, these people who are always slagging off cyclists are obese lard arses who haven't exercised since leaving school, eat pies allday, drink to excess, use words like 'enger-land' and are suffering early syptoms of diabetes, and heart disease. Never mind, you can always find somebody to blame except yourself you fat stressed out morons! :hihi:

That's a bit rude isn't it? IMO you are nothing but a cycling, athletic, salad eating, tea total, Scot. Don't come crying to me when a van driver punches you. :roll:

oy,im not fat,i dont have diabetes,i dont say enger-land but i do object to paying over a hundred pounds a year to use the roads,plus other money to ensure my car is roadworthy when some prat can do it for nothing and expect consideration for making those that actually pay for the roads pull up or swerve to avoid them, he got what he deserved,because if it wasnt for the paying motorist being alert he could have ended up under a car

its about time they paid there way and also had to take a road test before being allowed out in traffic with road users that have to,and what about insurance ? theres a point,if they cause an accident who does the driver or victim claim off?

oy,im not fat,i dont have diabetes,i dont say enger-land but i do object to paying over a hundred pounds a year to use the roads,plus other money to ensure my car is roadworthy when some prat can do it for nothing and expect consideration for making those that actually pay for the roads pull up or swerve to avoid them, he got what he deserved,because if it wasnt for the paying motorist being alert he could have ended up under a car

its about time they paid there way and also had to take a road test before being allowed out in traffic with road users that have to,and what about insurance ? theres a point,if they cause an accident who does the driver or victim claim off?

What a stupid attitude. For all you know he pays more VED than you do, but also rides a bike.

He was acting like a prat yes, but that doesn't justify the rest of the rant, or assault.

They could pay their way, it would be £0.00 for a zero emission vehicle, just like any vehicle with less than 50gm CO emissions.

In the event of an accident you claim off them, just like if they were driving a car. The fact that they don't have insurance means that they have to pay it personally.

Entertainment provided on Ecclesall Road earlier this lunchtime...mad cyclist hurtles out of Tesco car park without looking straight into path of passing van, the one in front of me, which is forced to brake very sharply and hoot at the maniac on 2 wheels. Said maniac on bike, laden with FOUR tesco carrier bags wrapped dangerously around the handlebars, gives THE RODS to the driver in front of me, shouts abuse at him, and peddles off furiously, cutting up 2 buses and weaving all over both lanes.. More flashing headlamps and beeps than New York in rush hour follow, as the cyclist continues to zig zag all over the place and mounts the pavement to get round another bus, practically sending an OAP flying and narrowly avoiding collision with a push chair and baby.....

he finally meets his end when he re-joins the road again a few seconds after, AGAIN very dangerously cutting up the van in front of me, who has had more than enough of all this by now as the cyclist has been giving him and other drivers THE RODS and shouting abuse all this time ....cyclist forced to stop as cant squeeze round a lorry as bus stuck in Q in other lane, and aforesaid driver gets out of his van.... the cyclist starts to look worried, this van driver is BIG!!!!! Van driver pulls cyclist off his bike and throws it to the ground and punches him on the nose very very hard, throws him onto the pavement...the driver is a builder type, 6ft +, you would not mess with him.....cyclist gets broken bike, broken shopping, pavement covered in yoghurt and milk, etc and a well broken and bloody nose too.........round of applause was noted by several drivers......

Ah entertainment.........

Anyone with video footage? :hihi: