Blades Chat #6 Discuss Sheffield United here

United have been very clever here- all the players have a clause in there contact that automatically takes them back to there old championship wages if we get relagated!!! So jags would drop down to 7k a week etc etc.

...and then jump ship like the little red & white piggy lemming that he is.

If we go down then i would have to admit defeat and let jags go yes- he is a premiership quality player and deserves to play in the top flight.

I have annies song and my old man ,if still needed give me a call.

As for the other topics of conversation. Jags , well lets not be silly we should only sell him to a club who we will not be in competition with ie man utd for example. The price, well he is our best player by far in my estimation, any bid of less than £15 million should be laughed at. Have a look at Bent at Charlton how much would he cost? He is performing pretty well at the moment and not too phased by what players he is facing. Like i have said we should only sell if the bid is too much to ignore and not to a team like Villa.

Players we are trying to sign. There is not much wrong at the moment with what we have. In my opinion we need a proven goal scorer to complement Hulse and a play maker like when we had Brown. They would be my priorities. A left sided midfielder could come in handy because when Armstrong is out we dont seem to be as dangerous down the left. Hoskins, although he sounds a good player by all accounts what has he done against so called better sides does anyone know? My view is that the academy is doing well so we dont need to try and find that gem like Deane was, we should aim a little higher now . If we are serious about Europe we dont need players like this anymore. We dont need any more potentially good players we already have Webber and Richards.

Players we are trying to sell or get rid of. The first one that comes to mind is Akin bad buy. Dont get me wrong he does have talent, that goal against the pigs the technique he showed was excellent, but it seems he cant do it week in week out. Monty, heart in the right place but just not good enough. Does any one know of anybody else that could be moving on?

This for the envious Blue sc-m that sometimes loiter on our chats. Is there anything wrong with my grammar today?

Freya's dad

Are you on crack? :huh:

Huh? What?

He's a paid employee. Why the blazes would you expect him to do anything else?

Does no one else have the confidence in what is happeneing at the lane?

We are in a good position clubwise and it is not too fanciful to think of Europe in a few years time as suggested by the peolpe in control at the lane. It is true we have been let down too many times but it should be obvious that we have moved on from the dark days and we have people looking forwards and upwards.

NO we willnot go down there is a few teams that are worse than us and if someone knows we are going down could they please tell me the numbers for the lottery this week as nobody can predict the future.

I have seen many years at the lane and I feel confident what is happening at the lane is consistent in what Mccabe and co have been saying.

Let us rub our hands and think of the future and that does include playing in Europe. We are bigger than Wigan and Bolton and that is where they are at the moment. I know that does not mean anything but we are and it is not about this season only survival is. I am not saying it will happen it is only a possibility and if the other lot can do it we can.

As to what i take, it is the mushrooms that i put in my tea and the fact i work 12 hour nights that causes the blips.

Freya's dad

freyas mum- can i have annies song please?

Freya's Dad, I salute your optimism!:thumbsup:

There should be little doubt that the chairman and board at Bramall Lane are working to a long term strategy which appears to be paying off. Under Warnock - a manager still unpopular with certain sections of the fans - United have very slowly and patiently turned a club going nowhere (but down) into one which, like you say, could well be capable of going places (mid-table next season, hopefully top 6 a year or two afterwards). It might take longer, but what is paramount is that the sound financial footing on which the club is now standing is not destabilised with over zealous, reckless spending, a trend many a club has tried and of which some are still struggling to recover from (ah, let's hear it for pool old Leeds!!!).

The league table around Christmas/New Year gives a pretty decent assessment of the league thus far. If we happen to be above the bottom three, that's a good thing. I'm pleased the majority of fans seem to be behind Warnock and the attendances at the Lane have been superb. Hopefully, with the Kop rebuilt, the directors will realise that potentially, a crowd of 40,000 might not be too far away, arguably a season or three hence. Bramall Lane has been transformed from a shabby ground into a very impressive arena and the Bramall Lane corner which has been filled in raises the volume of the crowd.

But! What happens if we go on a run of five or six games without a win? The crowd turn against Warnock and the board wonder if it's time for a change? That long term stability can be threatened and the whole picture could change almost overnight. But as I said, I reckon we've got a director in McCabe who knows what he is doing.

So, where will we finish? I still think there are teams worse than us despite their results against us. Charlton and Watford will continue to struggle, but I see Middlesbrough and Manchester City joining the scrap at the foot of the table. Also, Fulham and I still wouldn't rule out a change in Everton's fortunes.

So far, so good. But there's going to be some nervous times ahead. Get through these and then I'll look forward to 2007/08 season like never before.

Happens with every team that goes down doesn't it ?

Guess you forget about all those little blue and white oinkers who where pushing each other out the way and couldnt get away from the sty fast enough :rant:

the villa boys are in town tonite....i feel a bit of gabby agbonlahor action in making tubby kenny look a bit of a joke tonite...

come on villa!

the villa boys are in town tonite....i feel a bit of gabby agbonlahor action in making tubby kenny look a bit of a joke tonite...

come on villa!

give over- your best player is suspended, sutton is just coming back from injury and morgan will have him in his pocket all night long!

2-1 to the blades!

gaza barry isnt our only player...granted he should be in the england set up but whats a player sposed to do...

gabby, pablo, stilan, mcann....sheffield is gonna be painted claret and blue tonite....

gabby, pablo, stilan, mcann

who??

(petrov is still injured according to the bbc)