Blades Chat #6 Discuss Sheffield United here

i feel sorry for your 'keeper paddy kenny...if id lost my missus i wouldnt be able to take the amount of stick he got last night form the holte end of brammal lane....there was enough abuse there to break a saint!

i feel sorry for your 'keeper paddy kenny...if id lost my missus i wouldnt be able to take the amount of stick he got last night form the holte end of brammal lane....there was enough abuse there to break a saint!

It show's what a good keeper Paddy is to take that abuse & produce class saves last night.

He's a tough cookie. Wouldn't swap him for anyone. If anything, being slated by the crowd encourages better play (certainly hasn't ruined Chris R*naldos game), so thank you to you all!

The Football Association will study video footage of Monday night´s match between Sheffield United and Aston Villa at Bramall Lane after striker Juan Pablo Angel appeared to elbow Blades captain Chris Morgan.

The flashpoint happened towards the end of a thrilling 2-2 draw and was the prelude to angry scenes in the tunnel area after the final whistle.

Morgan was seen to race off the pitch - closely followed by United assistant boss Stuart McCall - and Villa manager Martin O´Neill admitted "a few words were exchanged in the tunnel".

Ban the dirty tosser.

No they won't be tosh, ref Halsey has said he saw the incident and decided not to take further action.

To which i thgink if he has seen incident and thought it didn't even deserve a yellow card then the ref's association should be looking at his refereeing

Sheffield United are lining up a bid for Helsinborg and Jamaican international striker Luton Shelton.

National newspaper The Mirror claims that the Bramall Lane club are to sign Shelton, 21 during the January transfer window.

He currently plays his football in Sweden with Helsingborg IF for which Blades boss Neil Warnock has been visiting to scout for possible targets recently.

The striker has been capped by his Country on 10 occasions and has nine goals to his name.

Well, there is only one Paddy Kenny.

He often doesnt get the credit he deserves, and at times he shows his class. The only thing i can see that lets him down is his kicking at times, and not starting enough counter attacks

I thought our poor first half was largely down to Villa's work ethic. As soon as one of our players got the ball they were closed down. Plenty of our lads struggle with time on the ball, so when closed down straight away they resorted to "getting rid".

There was no way Villa could keep that up for the whole match though, and this showed in the second half. Petrov apart I thought there wasn't much between the teams.

Another good point

Does everyone have more confidence yet? I thought we were superb in the second half last night. If we can maintain that sort of football for most of the season i reckon we could reach the dizzy heights of mid table.There is still a long way to go but we seem to be getting that slightly better with each passing game or is that just me?

I agree i dont think we can expect owt from Wigan or Pompey away but you never know, but what i do think is we can win every home match, thats how good i thought that second half performance was.

Special mention for young quinny. This lad seems to have a future does n't he! Maybe he could be that little gem that has been found that i originally did not think we needed, but it does reinforce what i did say about how well the academy is doing though. He just needs a little more weight/strength and i think then he could go far.

Back to Pompey and Wigan. It will be a good measure of how good we are because it is where we would like to be either next season or the season after. Again it is just my opinion but it is something that i think we can achieve.

Does everyone have more confidence yet? I thought we were superb in the second half last night. If we can maintain that sort of football for most of the season i reckon we could reach the dizzy heights of mid table.There is still a long way to go but we seem to be getting that slightly better with each passing game or is that just me?

I agree i dont think we can expect owt from Wigan or Pompey away but you never know, but what i do think is we can win every home match, thats how good i thought that second half performance was.

Special mention for young quinny. This lad seems to have a future does n't he! Maybe he could be that little gem that has been found that i originally did not think we needed, but it does reinforce what i did say about how well the academy is doing though. He just needs a little more weight/strength and i think then he could go far.

Back to Pompey and Wigan. It will be a good measure of how good we are because it is where we would like to be either next season or the season after. Again it is just my opinion but it is something that i think we can achieve.

A point from both matches would do us I think Freya, As long as we can stay 1 point ahead of the 18th place spot.

Thats all we need for this season but forever the optimist. I think we are playing well at the moment and seem to be getting better match by match. I think we could achieve more than fourth from bottom though. It doesn't matter if we dont, fourth from bottom will do thank you very much and it will ensure another year a league above the other lot from s6.

Even wendy fans at work grudgingly admitted we played well and look like been there next year ,that says it all for me.

Well, there is only one Paddy Kenny.

He often doesnt get the credit he deserves, and at times he shows his class. The only thing i can see that lets him down is his kicking at times, and not starting enough counter attacks

Shotstopping great and his reading of the game usually good ,on crosses poor he may qualify for Rumania is he a vampire?

I saw Angels elbow on Morgan on TV last night & how this dirty player is going to get away with this is scandelous,the ref saw it but took no action why? if the ref saw it it was a red card & a penalty,how are we going to kick this sort of thing out of our national sport when the officials do not apply the rules of the game.