Yorkshire pudding in sheffield where are they?

Aunt Bessie, you don't know Aunt Bessie ?! :hihi:

Have to admit, it's shameful that I do like quick and easy frozen ones. Dunno where my school recipe book has gone. Definitely was taught when I went to school in Hillsborough. :(

You know, I've been in Sheffield for so long, and I don't think I've really had real Yorkshire Pud ! I've been robbed. I recall they used to do lovely big yorkshire puds with mince fillings in them in Meadowhall. I wonder whether those were homemade. I think it was part of Masalla (?)

Definitely going to seek out homemade ones now.

[Added]OOPS ! Typo ! :hihi:

Well spotted Supertyke ! lol... :blush: :blush:

Nearly everybody uses frozen yorkshire puddings now.Every supermarket sells them(they are already made) but frozen,and just need 3-4 mins in a hot oven.QUOTE]

Home made are loads better and dead easy (if I can do it anyone can!)

Real beef dripping in a really hot smoky pan is the key, turned down a bit after pouring in the mixture. Then into a hot oven.

Bought are full of salt, preservatives etc and taste like cardboard.

It's good to see lots of forumers still make their own. Long live 'real' yorky pud!

Aunt Bessie, you don't know Aunt Bessie ?! :hihi:

I've been robbed. I recall they used to do lovely big yorkshire puds with mince feelings in them in Meadowhall. (?)

Definitely going to seek out homemade ones now.

'Mince feelings' - what on earth are those???

Are they anything like my woman occasional serves up? Garnished with essence of crushed heart!!!

i cook fresh yorkshire puds :)

cant believe people buy those foul frozen things

i put 2 eggs in a cup, then measure the same amount of eggs, then the same amount of milk, add a bit of salt

beat / whisk a bit to mix

get oven spittingly hot, pour mixture in

occasionly i add some herbs in the mixture too :)