Omg is this really LEGAL? Provident!

Probably a bad idea to burst in on this private argument but....here goes.

So PT finds out a loan company charges obscene rates of interest and is unhappy. Fine, fair enough. Perhaps name and shame them so they hopefully lose business but what's with all the "Ban this filth!" gubbins some people are coming out with?

I'd quite like to live in a free country thank you very much and it's this "Ban it", "Regulate it", "Do something" mindset that is eroding our freedoms all the time. New Labour are happy to use it as the driving principle of their time in office and its people like those on this thread that happily vote them back in!

Economic freedom is at the core of all our freedoms - if this company want to charge those rates they are free to. I disagree with anything that interferes with that right - if they are so made the market will put them out of business.

Note the market can also consist of non-profit organisations. If you don't like it why don't you start up some kind of co-operative to lend money at cost covering rates. Or what about zopa.com (I think), individuals lend money to other individuals at a mutually agreed rate which is lower due to fewer overheads.

Anyway you can carry on your argument now :rolleyes:

Never mind, you could always emigrate. Presumably there are loads of other countries that provide free health care and education to non-natives.

PS make your mind up you tosser. It's only three weeks ago you were claiming to be a skint student

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1537930&postcount=31 :loopy:

<fx: standing ovation for finding the troll>

Probably a bad idea to burst in on this private argument but....here goes.

So PT finds out a loan company charges obscene rates of interest and is unhappy. Fine, fair enough. Perhaps name and shame them so they hopefully lose business but what's with all the "Ban this filth!" gubbins some people are coming out with?

I'd quite like to live in a free country thank you very much and it's this "Ban it", "Regulate it", "Do something" mindset that is eroding our freedoms all the time. New Labour are happy to use it as the driving principle of their time in office and its people like those on this thread that happily vote them back in!

Economic freedom is at the core of all our freedoms - if this company want to charge those rates they are free to. I disagree with anything that interferes with that right - if they are so made the market will put them out of business.

Note the market can also consist of non-profit organisations. If you don't like it why don't you start up some kind of co-operative to lend money at cost covering rates. Or what about zopa.com (I think), individuals lend money to other individuals at a mutually agreed rate which is lower due to fewer overheads.

Anyway you can carry on your argument now :rolleyes:

You shouldnt borrow any money in the first place,if you havnt got the money to buy it DONT, what makes you think you can afford to pay more for it over 6 months, a repayment scheme will ,ake you pay more and cause more debt in the near future as you borrow more to buy other things

prime example people buy a car over 4 years

the car cost £5000 with interest is £6500 so in effect you have waste £1500 in 4 years, whats wrong with driving someting you can afford like a £100 car?what image do you project when you are skint all the time because you got mortgage/car/sofa/cataloge crap, SO if you havnt got the money dont buy it,

You shouldnt borrow any money in the first place,if you havnt got the money to buy it DONT, what makes you think you can afford to pay more for it over 6 months, a repayment scheme will ,ake you pay more and cause more debt in the near future as you borrow more to buy other things

prime example people buy a car over 4 years

the car cost £5000 with interest is £6500 so in effect you have waste £1500 in 4 years, whats wrong with driving someting you can afford like a £100 car?what image do you project when you are skint all the time because you got mortgage/car/sofa/cataloge crap, SO if you havnt got the money dont buy it,

Yeah, and when you decide to join us in the real world, you'll find that people have always borrowed and always will. Are you gonna save up until you can buy a house in one go?

To quote your example, a £100 car will require many more repairs than a more recent one and that costs not just money but time off the road and inconvenience also. Cars aren't just about image, airhead, theyre also about mum getting the kids to school safely and getting single women home without breaking down and exposing them to some of the lowlife who roam our streets.

Think before you type, mate.

Yeah, and when you decide to join us in the real world, you'll find that people have always borrowed and always will. Are you gonna save up until you can buy a house in one go?

To quote your example, a £100 car will require many more repairs than a more recent one and that costs not just money but time off the road and inconvenience also. Cars aren't just about image, airhead, theyre also about mum getting the kids to school safely and getting single women home without breaking down and exposing them to some of the lowlife who roam our streets.

Think before you type, mate.

i did i stay at my parents house till i was 27

what about a £1000 car, modern cars are built so well and reliable it should need much repairs, i was at leeds auction yesterday selling one of my old cars aand i saw 99 mondeo (old shape) with gaurentee 63,000 and full service history, i dont think you can go wrong with that

i did i stay at my parents house till i was 27

so whilst some of us were married for 6 years by that age,with children & mortgages, you were still sat at home having your washing & ironing done for you.

perhaps if we all were able to stay at home until we had saved money by fleecing our parents we could all claim to be wealthy.

pt: with regards to being desperate. if you dont need to borrow now then your not desperate any more, its just a change of mindset.

i detest the costs @ Crazy Georges,but they were necessary when i was redundant & unable to replace a busted washing machine. although i do feel disenchanted with them they were invaluable at the time.i would rather have paid their interest than wash nappies by hand.

so whilst some of us were married for 6 years by that age,with children & mortgages, you were still sat at home having your washing & ironing done for you.

perhaps if we all were able to stay at home until we had saved money by fleecing our parents we could all claim to be wealthy.

pt: with regards to being desperate. if you dont need to borrow now then your not desperate any more, its just a change of mindset.

i detest the costs @ Crazy Georges,but they were necessary when i was redundant & unable to replace a busted washing machine. although i do feel disenchanted with them they were invaluable at the time.i would rather have paid their interest than wash nappies by hand.

thats why i am in the comfortable position i am in because i knew i couldnt give the child the best if i was married and had kids at 21 then split up at 25,

fleecing from parents? i was working 7 days a week and pay a good board to help me parents, So good luck to you for living on borrow money all your life and never got true value of your hard earn money kid