Omg is this really LEGAL? Provident!

It doesn't sound like you are using your mouth to speak out of, new...

have you never heard that relationships break up, women suffer domestic violence, and make atempts to get their kids out of that situation?

or kids who have deadbeat fathers like my uncle, who skipped the country owing thousands in maintenance to my aunt, for my cousin's care?

Wake up and smell the coffee, for crying out loud...

REALITY CHECK...

not everyone is priveliged enough to be able to skip, through meadows, in long white frocks, while making daisy chains with tousle headed toddlers.....

<sfx> needle screeching across a record

some people, through no fault of their own are in poverty. it's a fact of life.

not all of them asked to be in that place.

Pt - who DOESN'T live in an ivory tower

That doesnt stop people putting money aside when you was younger or while the relationship was going ok,

how does borrowing £25 to buy a pair of shoe and pay back £30 made sense? instead of paying the £5 interest you save the money and when it when you got it it will cost you £25 and not £30 also you will not be in hardship next week due to you spending next week money hardly rocket science when you think about it

ok, as i said

- And i am speaking verry

sloooooowly, cos you obviously don't understand either point i make:-

if a kid needs shoes, THEY NEED SHOES THERE AND THEN...... not in a month's time when you've saved the money.

or that if you are in an abusive relationship, it's not always POSSIBLE to secrete away a fiver a week or whatever.

come back and start spouting, once you have seen life, at the raw end, like I have, with a gambling addict of a partner, who'd knock you down/ out for your last 50p to chuck after some knackers yard reject with three legs.

come back when you understand the dynamics of actually living hand-to mouth, when your controlling, abusive partner has cashed the giro, meant to be lived on for a fortnight, and then decides to blow it all at the bookies, and you haven't a flaming BEAN in the house to eat... and when you protest, you get told by him to "Efffoff!!!! the giro has MY name on it, so it's MY money to do what I want." whack! "here's a black eye, for daring to speak out of turn!"

THEN come back and tell me it's "that" simple... simple as it is in hans-christian-andersen-land, where YOU obviously live

Dont make huge profits? you jest, surely?

if they weren't making decent money on the backs of the disadvantaged's poverty, they would not consider it worthwhile. these sharks aren't in it out of humanitarian ideals.

I'm not joking, the subject is too serious. I used to be an accountant at a well-known bank which had a weekly collect credit subsidiary. We sold it on because, in spite of charging APRs up to c400%, we couldn't make a profit.

I absolutely don't wish to belittle your difficulties and on the basis that what you describe is true, I'm very sorry you have to go through that. All I'm saying is, don't blame the banks because it's the people who take out of society without putting anything back who actually cause the problem. As you say, there are those who beg, borrow and steal to fuel their various addictions and then clear off without settling up.

This is a social problem, but you can't expect Shopacheck etc to pick up the pieces. If they weren't offering loans at 177%, someone else would be offering them at an even higher rate.

PS I hope you've seen the back of the person in question?

Why do i brother, people living on dole still have kids, dont you think ahead like the next ten/twenty years instead of lets have fun making babies it will be alright tomorrow is anither day,

i never dreamt of having a baby when i was younger as i was on a normal pay and didnt think it would be fair for the child , i had my daughter when i was 30 with a good stable business and a house all paid for, if people think a few more weeks/years ahead they will not get into this crazy situration then blame its everyone else fault,

but that's you, newkid.. your life was obviously perfect, in every way, in that ivory tower of yours, protected from illness, disability, abusive relationships, failed relationships, contraceptive failure, poverty, etc...

unlike real life, where all this and more happens to everyday people, every day.

Why do i brother, people living on dole still have kids, dont you think ahead like the next ten/twenty years instead of lets have fun making babies it will be alright tomorrow is anither day,

i never dreamt of having a baby when i was younger as i was on a normal pay and didnt think it would be fair for the child , i had my daughter when i was 30 with a good stable business and a house all paid for, if people think a few more weeks/years ahead they will not get into this crazy situration then blame its everyone else fault,

HAVE YOU EVER LIVED IN THE REAL WORLD YOU ARE A TYPICAL BIGOT

Well done. I hope your retirement party goes well with the food and music you have already chosen, and no doubt your funeral will be the event of the year. Then your well planned and totally insignificant life will be complete.

On the other hand, if you ever do end up on your arse unexpectedly, don't expect any help around here :)

This is a social problem, but you can't expect Shopacheck etc to pick up the pieces. If they weren't offering loans at 177%, someone else would be offering them at an even higher rate.

PS I hope you've seen the back of the person in question?

i'm not blaming the banks, banks don't tend to offer such obscene "APR" rates; it's companies like Shopachek/ Provident and their ilk that I take issue with.

and yes. Despite his arson threats to me, the fractured cheekbones I got, and countless black eyes, the broken injunctions etc, that toe-rag is gone, and has been well- gone, for some years.