Omg is this really LEGAL? Provident!

Never mind, you could always emigrate. Presumably there are loads of other countries that provide free health care and education to non-natives.

PS make your mind up you tosser. It's only three weeks ago you were claiming to be a skint student

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1537930&postcount=31 :loopy:

OOOH do I smell "eau de troll"?

thats why i am in the comfortable position i am in because i knew i couldnt give the child the best if i was married and had kids at 21 then split up at 25,

fleecing from parents? i was working 7 days a week and pay a good board to help me parents, So good luck to you for living on borrow money all your life and never got true value of your hard earn money kid

so who claims to have married @ 21 and split @ 25 - i think you make things up ,to try and sound like something that your obviously not.

so its ok to pay board to mum & dad, what does that make them your slaves.

perhaps if you'd paid them less you could have bought a decent camera whilst living the student life.

Very harsh Cyclone. Get off your soap box and see the world for what it is. We all have different priorities in our lives. PT's last post says it all. :rant:

You think it harsh that I say borrowing money isn't a right?

What soap box? I wasn't on one.

High risk borrowers are going to attract high APR's, fact of life. It's the way finances work. If the law were changed to cap APRs at 30% (for example) then provident would simply close up shop, they couldn't make money lending at that rate to high risk borrowers as too many would default.

Regarding the 'child needs shoes'. Unless your a bit slow you can see in advance when shoes will need replacing, it's not like it's an emergency, it's something that you should have planned for.

If the roof fell in I might have understood, but then people in this situation don't own the roof, so they simply ask the landlord to fix it.

High risk borrowers are going to attract high APR's, fact of life. It's the way finances work. If the law were changed to cap APRs at 30% (for example) then provident would simply close up shop, they couldn't make money lending at that rate to high risk borrowers as too many would default.

and that applies to all lenders.

try getting 0% with no fixed abode, or outstanding credit card bills,highly unlikely 6.9 or 7.9% perhaps.

fair enough they are low APR's but they're doing the same thing as provident.

thats why i am in the comfortable position i am in because i knew i couldnt give the child the best if i was married and had kids at 21 then split up at 25,

fleecing from parents? i was working 7 days a week and pay a good board to help me parents, So good luck to you for living on borrow money all your life and never got true value of your hard earn money kid

so,fine. you go.... go-on!... and sit back on your laurels, and gloat at us poor souls who live inthe real world.

You think it harsh that I say borrowing money isn't a right?

What soap box? I wasn't on one.

Regarding the 'child needs shoes'. Unless your a bit slow you can see in advance when shoes will need replacing, it's not like it's an emergency, it's something that you should have planned for.

If the roof fell in I might have understood, but then people in this situation don't own the roof, so they simply ask the landlord to fix it.

have you never had your son come home with the knees out of his school uniform trousers, or his fortnight-old shoes wrecked, because he's scraped them on his bike, or scooter, or playing football in the school yard, as is the wont of most schoolboys?

I probably did that myself sometime, so I see your point, but I don't have any children, so no, it's not happened to me.

Still, it's not an entirely unpredictable event is it. And maybe wearing patched clothing for a little while would teach them to be a little bit more careful with it?

have you never had your son come home with the knees out of his school uniform trousers, or his fortnight-old shoes wrecked, because he's scraped them on his bike, or scooter, or playing football in the school yard, as is the wont of most schoolboys?

put patches on trouser, buy £1.99 trainers, sell his bike and scooter or teach him not to scraped them on his bike or scooter as there is really no need to, so thats all your excuse out of window whats next?

Firstly, Newkid.... Kids will be kids.....

in answer...

not allowed trainers at school...

patching not practical;- would have been easier to use the ruined trousers as patching material.

When your kid is at school, you can't say "Oi, hang on! Before you play football, put your 'playing out' tracky bottoms on".

ok, do you have any more "ivory tower arguments" you'd like me to quash, whilst you are on here?

put patches on trouser, buy £1.99 trainers, sell his bike and scooter or teach him not to scraped them on his bike or scooter as there is really no need to, so thats all your excuse out of window whats next?

what a father what do you buy them for christmas BRASSO so they can polish you ego