Putting animals out of misery.

If you read the thread through, the OP has stated how it was done at least twice- please don't turn this into a witch hunt on whether it was done effectively enough for you.

u beat me to it, i've already done an oops soz - bit presumptious, that last half of ur statement tho!

was just wondering wot he did in case i ever have to do same

i think the "fair play" bit i wrote would indicate i agreed wiv his actions

s'k

i usually pay good money to be told off, so ur freebies got me going for nowt ... bonanza!!!

:hihi:

Show me the colour of your money, you would be suprised how good i am at tellings off ask my kids :hihi:

Back to the original topic.....i have thought for a while about this and decided that i couldn't kill anything even less so if it was hurt, which i know sounds silly...i find seeing an animal in pain very distressing and my instinct would be to care for it and help it, i know for sure i could not kill it, so vet option for me i think.

Badgers can deliver a nasty bite contaminated by lots of horrid germs. Not easy creatures to rescue.

they are also notoriuos carriers of TB which would not be a good thing to catch at the mo..

homeslice i am not sure i could have done what you did but i have great respect for you as you saved the badger any more suffering

I feel sooo much better now and not alone in my thinking :)

I once had to do this, but I put the fish in the plastic bags and bashed it against the wall several times in succession very quickly.

I couldn't see the poor thing suffer, even though I did probably give it several migraines within a very short space of time...

:|

The humane way of killing a fish is to put in in a bag with water, and freeze it.

The humane way of killing a fish is to put in in a bag with water, and freeze it.

I'm sure the lump hammer approach mentioned earlier would be better!

Freezing any animal could be painful...water forms crystals as it freezes, bursting cells and organs of the animal in question, possibly before being dead.

lol. Says who?

http://www.myhobbyistopsychoticallykillfish.com ?

Would you prefer to die slowly by freezing to death, or to not know anything because it was over in a flash?

If I was a fish, which I'm most definately not, and I was destined to die, then I would choose (can fish choose?) the latter.

That said, if I was a fish, which we've ascertained I'm not, then I would have allegedly have a three second memory and would therefore have forgotten the question long before I had finished the answer.

So it's a tad futile really.

:)

Archived