Speed Dating

Luke: be yourself luke... :)

Who knows what works and what doesn't... I figure be honest, be yourself and hope/pray lots :D

... of course I recently lost my GF of 3 years so take this all with a HUGE pinch of salt (eg: the entire contents of the dead sea!)

Originally posted by Boy 007.

... and end up going home with Miss Russia 1996

I can't work out whether Miss Russia 1996 is supposed to be attractive or the opposite

Originally posted by MichaelTravis

I can't work out whether Miss Russia 1996 is supposed to be attractive or the opposite

See for yourself. Personally, I wouldn't say no...

She does'nt look too unattractive from where I'm sitting ...

Originally posted by JamieW

hehe ... thanks for the tip kirby !!!

so next time i spot an attractive lady, i should blank (ignore?) her huh ...?

does that really work ...?

I strongly suspect that would increase my chances at decrease yours.. :D If you see someone nice and ignore her, she's not likely to come rushing over and talk to you, more likely to show an interest in someone that might show an interest in her.

Never been one for the treat them mean and keep them keen thing..

Back to speed dating, still think there could be something in it. 30ish minidates perhaps gives you a better chance of meeting someone you click with than a good few less snatched conversations where you can hardly hear yourself think and half the conversation involves each of you yelling what? at eachg other..

Final thought, there is a big difference between speed dating and dating someone on speed. Recent experience suggests there are some rare isotopes around that are more stable and predictable. :loopy:

I'm considering speed dating but don't really have much idea what it is all about or how reliable it is.

Among my questions would be:

.How much does it cost (or better still does anywhere do it for free)?

.What sort of people go to speed dating, ie are they looking for relationships or just one night stands?

I would welcome any help people can give.

There was a post a couple of days ago by someone stating upcoming speed dating nights and events. I think your prolly talking about a fiver.

Having never been to one or known anyone who has I can only think the people that go are of an older age and mostly looking for relationships. If they were just looking for a quickie surely there are easier ways?

hiya my main man!

havent been speed dating (not single) but know a couple of poeple that have, and most of were divorced and lookin for companions/relationships, not one night stand, but obviously theres oging to be people looking for all different things so bit of a silly question :)

mimi

x

I seem to remember there has already been on thread on speed dating in Sheffield ...

Anyway ...

As far as I know ...

There are a few places along west street that do speed dating (forgot which ones).

Date xpress do a night at greens: http://www.datexpress.co.uk/

HAHA bar have stopped there speed dating night.

Good luck !!

Not sure I could cope with that much rejection in one evening!

:(

LOL Beck that sounds like the sort of mentality I'd have.

You're right Jim, there was another speed dating thread, so merged it.

Speed dating is fun, if you keep it nice and light! Remember though its more "speed breaking the ice" rather than speed dating! Of course if no-one is interested in you thats a bit of a downer - but hey sh*t happens as they say (didn't stop me sulking though!) Anyway I went to one recently in the Longe Bar - its relaxed, laid back, serves a good mid way platter and is a mere £2 a ticket :o