Born in the 40's, 50's, 60's??

The trouble with newspaper, it used to leave print on your backside. In winter we used to put fire bricks in the oven in the Yorkshire Range and the went to bed with a hot brick wrapped up in a towel instead of a water bottle.

Has anyone mentioned the Walls Ice Cream man on the pushbike or the man selling milk from the churn.Lovely.

anyone remember cutting up newspaper into squares to use for bog paper.My son doesn't believe that you had to posh and rich to afford the real stuff.

HI LINDA, THOSE WERE THE DAYS AND YOU COULD SPEND TIME

READING NEWS OF WORLD IN TOILETS, WHEN FAMILY FINISHED WITH

PAPER I WAS THE ONE WHO CUT IT UP TO MAKE SQUARE`S. :hihi:

Thank god Im an eightys kid, `cos that just sounds boring and dull.

It was neither boring nor dull, boring is not having imagination to make your own entertainment, building things with your friends and achieving something tangible - lasting friendships. The children I grew up with inb the 50's and sixties are still my friends now. Now everyone relies on someone else for their entertainment. And theres no respect for others . I see so many people saying they get no respect but theres no wonder. Today, and this is common occurrence, I got on a packed tram and there were numerous children sat down while the adults with them stood in aisles blocking gangways. There were elderly people standing. How are children learning respect when they are given the impression that they have a right to sit when older less firm people wobble unsteadily as tram hurtles along. Respect has to be earned. When I was at senior school between 1962 and 1966 there used to be a teacher on every bus and if you were seated when an adult was standing up you got and you didn't moan or argue either. I am 60 in April and I still get up if I see somebody older or less able to stand than I am.:love:

If a neighbour was carrying bags of shopping my mother would tell me to go and carry them for her.

anyone remember cutting up newspaper into squares to use for bog paper.My son doesn't believe that you had to posh and rich to afford the real stuff.

Yes, I do, it was only there for emergencies though, for if we ran out of horrible Izal

It was neither boring nor dull, boring is not having imagination to make your own entertainment, building things with your friends and achieving something tangible - lasting friendships. The children I grew up with inb the 50's and sixties are still my friends now. Now everyone relies on someone else for their entertainment. And theres no respect for others . I see so many people saying they get no respect but theres no wonder. Today, and this is common occurrence, I got on a packed tram and there were numerous children sat down while the adults with them stood in aisles blocking gangways. There were elderly people standing. How are children learning respect when they are given the impression that they have a right to sit when older less firm people wobble unsteadily as tram hurtles along. Respect has to be earned. When I was at senior school between 1962 and 1966 there used to be a teacher on every bus and if you were seated when an adult was standing up you got and you didn't moan or argue either. I am 60 in April and I still get up if I see somebody older or less able to stand than I am.:love:

My mum would soon have me on my feet if I sat down while adults were standing. I even remember other passengers shaming kids to stand up and make way for adults.

My mum would soon have me on my feet if I sat down while adults were standing. I even remember other passengers shaming kids to stand up and make way for adults.

I stood up for someone when I was visiting my auntie in London, in the 60s.

The conductor tried to put me off the bus as there was too many people standing. My auntie went mad and made me sit in the first available seat.

thats one of the best posts iv seen in ages i remember and agree with everything you said WELL DONE ROYAL

Must say iv enjoyed reading this......i suppose each generation remarks how times change,i wouldnt change my childhood one bit,never called my nieghbour or schoolteacher by thier first name,everyone was mr or mrs or miss.

We respected the law more in the 60s i grew up in we had a village bobby(grenoside)he lived in a police house.

Wed no console games,i was always out,park mostly or street football/cricket,or off on my pushbike,the only live football was the cup final,everything seemed to stop that saturday.

No microwaves,and mum was always home to welcome me back from school,and we eat simple but wholesome food with fresh veg and fruit everyday.

None of my friends parents smoked cannabis or my own,drugs were heard of but not so widspread,everyone said hello,if if you didnt really know them.

Crisps with the salt in a little blue bag, and if you were engrossed in a film at the pictures you had a good chance of chewing on it by mistake.