Born in the 40's, 50's, 60's??

I remember them all plus the one you forgot,or did not see.:hihi:

78 rpm records.

I think that makes me more ancient than your list goes.

Clothes only came in two sizes - too big and too little. :hihi:

In our house most of my clothes were hand me downs because i was the youngest of 5 brothers.:hihi:

Liberty bodices aren't on that list....remember the entire list though, born 1948.

I was born in 1942 and remember the lot. We still get milk deliveries in bottles round here. My Dad died last year and while going through his things I found some John Player cigarette cards showin many different species of aviary and cage birds. There are also some Godfrey Phillips cards showing lots of flower species. These cards are square and I haven't a clue as to with what they were sold.

It might sound dull, but we were happy, there was no pressure to have expensive toys etc. our parents just didn't have the money and anyway there wasn't the amount of electronic stuff about then. In our family every Sunday lunch we had a bottle mof Jusoda or Tizer, and for Sunday tea we had tinned fruit and carnation cream in mums best Sunday dishes. If only some of the values that we grew up with could be adhered to today, society would surely be better.
And best of all, we were not sinking under mass immigration!.............a few turbaned whallas coming round with crap in a suitcase!.....but that was alright!

What about unsliced bread, sugar in blue paper bags, you went to the shops and you were served, brown paper carrier bags, coal men , the old tram network nearly covered the whole town,. and the bin men came in to your yard emptied the bin in to his container and carried the the rubbish out on his shoulder, they would take anything now we have to put it on the pavement for them all sorted, my late father in law 36 yrs on bins must be laughing his head off he can see down here what happens today

Wooley knickers with pockets in.

Mine were bottle green :)

What about unsliced bread, sugar in blue paper bags, you went to the shops and you were served, brown paper carrier bags, coal men , the old tram network nearly covered the whole town,. and the bin men came in to your yard emptied the bin in to his container and carried the the rubbish out on his shoulder, they would take anything now we have to put it on the pavement for them all sorted, my late father in law 36 yrs on bins must be laughing his head off he can see down here what happens today

My Grandma would put the whole loaf under her arm and slice it while holing it, slices were like door stops.

I remember all of andy pandy's list along with the real TV andy pandy. Also, the small bottles of orange juice (Sun Up??) that you could have delivered with the milk.

i suppose i was quite posh, i was in fact brought up wearing designer togs,(next)my sister wore em first, then i got em next!!!!!!:lol::thumbsup: