How do you put weight on?

Pleeease don't start eating lots of junk food and drinking even more beer! You won't last 5 minutes and you'll look and feel disgusting! Get yourself down to the gym and start lifting those weights. Snack frequently throughout the day rather than sticking to 3 large meals and eat lots of 'good' carbs and protein:

Wholemeal bread/rice/pasta

Fresh fruit and veg

Fish and white meat

Nuts/seeds, eggs and pulses

Some fat is good but steer clear of saturates, don't go mad with the salt, and eat natural, unrefined foods where possible (ready-meals are generally bad news). Drink plenty of water, and obviously try and cut down on the alcohol if you can!

You'll be looking and feeling great in no time! Good luck :-)

Lu x

With me it's a natural talent. :)

Why not ask your GP?

If you want to put muscle bulk on then there's no other way than excercise - PLEASE don't scoff the junk food and other empty calories, and don't be tempted by drugs like steroids.

Whey protein - thats whats in breast milk!

You can buy powdered stuff from health clubs, gyms etc - bodybuilders use it to bulk up!

Definately take Jens advice, Since moving from Lardy to lean, I found putting muscle on quite difficult so I invested in a couple of tubs of whey protein powder from Holland and Barrett. Since then, mixed with exercise obviously, I have cut up and put some mass on but in the right places!

With me it's a natural talent. :)

Why not ask your GP?

If you want to put muscle bulk on then there's no other way than excercise - PLEASE don't scoff the junk food and other empty calories, and don't be tempted by drugs like steroids.

Good point about the steroids - they are a REALLY bad idea. If you watched that TV programme the other week called 'The Man Whose Arm Exploded' (or something like that), you wouldn't touch them with a 10-foot barge pole anyway! Eeurgh!!!

Good point about the steroids - they are a REALLY bad idea. If you watched that TV programme the other week called 'The Man Whose Arm Exploded' (or something like that), you wouldn't touch them with a 10-foot barge pole anyway! Eeurgh!!!

I read about him on the net, made a mental note to watch the programme but missed it.

If there is one thing I hate and its steroids with a passion. I once had to literally carry my friend back to his car after he pulled up in congested traffic to have it out with an old bloke he allegedly had 'looked at him funny'. Not a very nice thing to take at all, especially if your female - Have you heard what it does to your....

Yeah I saw it, the thought of taking steroids never even crossed my mind as I simply never would.

If I had that 10-foot barge pole however, I could use it to weight-lift!