Rant: Parking at Centertainment

now you ARE definitely trolling now, so i am going to assume all the rest of them have been as well.

Oops, almost forgot!!

:loopy:

It's because i rarely drive it :loopy:

well i hope they start ticketing anyone that doesn't park in a bay or parks in a disabled space when they aren't disabled, really annoys me especially when it can take me up to 10 minutes to park in there at busy times

Anothere good reason for staying out of the city centre

Went last night and it took about 20 mins to park, when we were coming out

there were cars parked half on kerbs and on the pavements. What a field day the parking attendants had, they were at least 4 of them giving them all tickets with a police office keeping watch in case of any trouble. Surely everybody must

now know they should not park like this are are some people just stupid.

I was amazed to see that people were parking on the pavements at 4, what the hell was going on?

Sheffield Forum helps people, by saying they are unenforcable they will park were they like and just love it when the letter comes as they can start another thread on here and get all the sympathy they can from people, and told not to pay!

I hate people parking on kerbs, they show little respect and thought for wheelchair users etc who then have to move off the high kerbs and down onto the road to pass the illegally parked vehicle.

I know the parking tickets arent worth the paper they are wrote on, but it would be a different story if they had parked in that way and then had their car damaged or crashed into.

Sheffield Forum helps people, by saying they are unenforcable they will park were they like and just love it when the letter comes as they can start another thread on here and get all the sympathy they can from people, and told not to pay!

I hate people parking on kerbs, they show little respect and thought for wheelchair users etc who then have to move off the high kerbs and down onto the road to pass the illegally parked vehicle.

I know the parking tickets arent worth the paper they are wrote on, but it would be a different story if they had parked in that way and then had their car damaged or crashed into.

They aren't parked illegally.

I was amazed to see that people were parking on the pavements at 4, what the hell was going on?

At a guess I would imagine it was due to Orange Wednesday, Toy Story 3, and batallions - nay, legions - of customers descending on the cinema!

Edited by Beakerzoid

They aren't parked illegally.

So cars can park on a kerb or half park on the kerb and they are doing nothing wrong?

Im sure if you did this on a road in sheffield someong from parking services would be sniffing round.

So cars can park on a kerb or half park on the kerb and they are doing nothing wrong?

Im sure if you did this on a road in sheffield someong from parking services would be sniffing round.

Doing something 'wrong' isn't always the same as doing something 'illegal'. The whole point is that Centertainment is private ground, not a public area. Hence why private 'car park attendants' give out unenforceable fines, where as on the street you'd get a Fixed Penalty Notice issued by a Traffic Attendant.

Edited by mogwai84

illegal: contrary to, or forbidden by law, esp. criminal law. Parking half on a kerb on the public roads in Sheffield may well be contrary to law, but the car park here isn't a public road, so I don't think it's illegal.

Of course there's the other definition: illegal: sick bird of prey.