Message from Lizzmobile to SF

Aww Titian I would love to see the bonny boys and see if they are as cute as their big bro and sis. Lizz - can't wait to see you up on your feet again and so glad you'refinding time to hang out among us in the midst of the chaos!!!

Oh Lizzie, that blog made me cry... and remember that giving birth however gruelling is one of the most wonderful things we can do...

hugs to all of you..

xxxxxxx Fox

Lizzie, I say this with the utmost of respect and love and empathy, having been a birth-giver myself - you're bonkers! :) When your time comes, it's all (suddenly) about doing what's best for the babe and you. Anyone who can buck the system is way, way beyond the radar. I'm so glad that it all turned out ok for you and yours. Both of them, and all of you. Doesn't mean that I don't think that you're mad for trying it a different way, just glad that it turned ok for you all. xxxxx [[[[hugs]]]]

wow that is amazing, you are very lucky, may all your children bring you happiness......well done to mum and dad

Just to let you all know that I went into labour on Wednesday morning, and after labouring at home until gone 11pm, baby Mylo was born, feet first (one leg up and one leg down) in the corridor outside the operating theatre, in a wheelchair, just before midnight 12 July.

Imagine our surprise on arriving in the delivery room for all that placenta stuff that goes on afterwards, only to be told “It’s a bit lumpy in there, are you sure there’s not another one love?” and to find out that baby number two was head down and ready to land.

Baby Oscar was born just after midnight, both of them at 34 weeks, weighing 4lb 8oz and 5lb 3oz respectively.

Mylo was as blue as a fresh plum when he was born and had no heartbeat so had to be reanimated and was whisked off to the Special Care Unit, and Oscar was OK but still followed his brother.

My first reaction was to apologise to my husband, who soon got over the shock and was elated at our achievement, and my second reaction was “at least they weren’t born in Baaaaarnsley!”.

At the time of writing, they are still in special care at Rotherham General Hospital but have made constant progress daily since they arrived. I don’t know when I’ll be out, so will not be online for ages but if anyone would like to email me, as my PM box is likely to be full, my email is [email protected].

I am so glad I resisted the scan, as people would have worried, asked me how I was going to cope, DH would have had a nervous breakdown, and the surprise would have been spoiled. But moreover, at 40 yrs old, a previous c-section and carrying a footling breech, I would have been a prime candidate for another c-section. The twins had the birth nature intended them to have, but with the support that modern technology provided to ensure they had the best possible care for two so small.

But, all that to say that I have always wanted twins, up until the point where I had my son Felix and then I decided that just the one at a time was plenty to handle! But the universe didn’t know that and my cosmic order was fulfilled just in time! Be careful what you wish for!

Extra special thanks go to Medusa, Dibsy, Sheff Minx, Beautynbeast, Stagewalker, Don Kiddick, Old Bloke and Titian for all the messages, love, advice and support and especially for the TENS machine!

Anyone got a Zafira?

Oh my god congratulations, thats brought a tear to my eye just thinkings of when my little girl was born (i cried like a baby when she came into this world)

:rant: you soppy sod your an akita toughen up :rant:

good luck and god bless

Lizz, I have nothing but utter respect for you. I really am stunned after reading that blog entry. You know we're on opposite sides of the spectrum when it comes to medical issues, but I do admire you immensely for sticking to your principles.

Much love to you and your family. xxx.

That blog entry is amazing.

We're all very proud of you Lizz :)

eeeeeekkkkkkssssss! WOW!! :o and all that jazz! I go offline for a few days and everything kicks off!

Welcome to the world, new baby boys Mylo and Oscar :)

You clever clever girl ... congratulations to you all ...

looking forward to seeing the pix in due course ...

luv from ruby x

well done and congrats....:thumbsup:

Here Here. Well done Liz. :thumbsup:

hi liz hope you and boys doing ok would love to see a photo of them cheers:) :)

Bless, glad that all are doing fine.

Congrats to the Dad after all his hard work :P