How 'Cheap' Are you?

Clothes, lifestyle, food, car etc, or whatever you can think of. I don't mean how cheap are you based on income or financial means, more your attitude regarding money and spending

I'm pretty cheap. I don't go to the cheapest supermarket but I live in Levi jeans, T-shirts, sweatshirts, and Reebok trainers. I have a few John Rocha shirts that I haven't worn in a long time. If I eat out in the afternoon it would likely to be something like Subway.

So, I'd class myself as pretty cheap. (Or maybe I'm just a tight Yorkshireman!)

Wear hand me downs from my fashion obsessed stepson consequently I look like the oldest swinger in town. I use public transport daily ( almost),  I buy second hand books and like day trip buses with the rest of the hoi peloi . Good grub is wasted on me no idea what it is. Like chip shop chips. I’d hitch hike all the time if I wasn’t risking public humiliation and dodgy looks from police.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

Clothes, lifestyle, food, car etc, or whatever you can think of. I don't mean how cheap are you based on income or financial means, more your attitude regarding money and spending

I'm pretty cheap. I don't go to the cheapest supermarket but I live in Levi jeans, T-shirts, sweatshirts, and Reebok trainers. I have a few John Rocha shirts that I haven't worn in a long time. If I eat out in the afternoon it would likely to be something like Subway.

You can't be that cheap, Levi's are very expensive anyhow Ive got a budgie going cheap if anybody wants it.   :hihi:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

You can't be that cheap, Levi's are very expensive anyhow Ive got a budgie going cheap if anybody wants it.   :hihi:

The trick with the Levi's is making them last, and that's not hard to do, thankfully! Budgie going cheap, only just got that... :roll:  :lol:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Can I “re tweet” this?
Agreed PRESLEY, Levi’s are expensive, as are Reebok trainers. But they all work out cheaper in the long term as quality lasts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Draggletail said:

Another term is “careful”.

I was so “careful” when I was on the buses that I used to peel an orange in my pocket while wearing a boxing glove so that my conductor didn’t know I’d got one!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

I'm interested in the Budgie Mr. P.

Can I have it on higher purchase?

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

Another term is “careful”.

I was so “careful” when I was on the buses that I used to peel an orange in my pocket while wearing a boxing glove so that my conductor didn’t know I’d got one!

I haven't heard that for years, but people did used to talk about being "careful" with money, yes!

• Like 1

As tight as a gnats chuff me . Don't like spending money ,even other peoples  . I wanted some new boots this year and mi Mam said she would buy me some for my birthday . Out shopping with her and saw some for £150 . I said I'm not spending that on some boots , mi Mam said you're not spending it , I am . Got some for £50 . Recently bought a nice summer shirt from the charity shop paid £4  . I've never heard of the name so googled it , exact same shirt £95  . Only thing I don't mind flashing  the dough on is the Good Lady and the Grandkids . 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

Wear hand me downs from my fashion obsessed stepson consequently I look like the oldest swinger in town. I use public transport daily ( almost),  I buy second hand books and like day trip buses with the rest of the hoi peloi . Good grub is wasted on me no idea what it is. Like chip shop chips. I’d hitch hike all the time if I wasn’t risking public humiliation and dodgy looks from police.

I like chip shop chips, no good ones where I live, unfortunately. I'd kill for a good portion of chips with curry sauce or peas!

• Like 1