Lots Of Police Outside Birley Academy.

Must be very frightening for the kids and stressful for the parents,  heard rumours that a broken bottle was used, not sure why a 17 year old would be in the school as I don't think it has a 6th form.

Also rumours there was a police presence  there yesterday afternoon so possibly a follow up to a prior incident.

6 minutes ago, Top4719 said:

Must be very frightening for the kids and stressful for the parents,  heard rumours that a broken bottle was used, not sure why a 17 year old would be in the school as I don't think it has a 6th form.

Also rumours there was a police presence  there yesterday afternoon so possibly a follow up to a prior incident.

I never saw any police yesterday when I picked up Grandson at 3.00 . 

I've been told it's an ex pupil and given a name but obviously won't put it on here until confirmed.

They also said he went the to confront 2 pupils.

It may be the truth I don't know.

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Nutcase kicking off about his medication, same thing with same person yesterday. 

Could this be a case of those that make a spectacle/a big fuss usually get what they want much more than those who accept the rules?

• Like 2

There is a page on reddit that was created just before the attack by the alleged attacker. On it he makes multiple posts accusing several students of plotting against him, ranting about the teachers, calling them "far left", and name dropping several of them.

The first post on the subreddit from the account entitled "Today is the day" reads "A calling from the Lord Jesus Christ has been cast upon me. To do what God almighty thinks is necessary."

Not going to post here but the page is the name of the school.

4 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

From BBC News:

"Boy, 17 arrested on suspicion of attempted murder

"A 17-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after three people were injured in an attack at a school in Sheffield.

"Two adults and a child were treated at the scene following the incident at Birley Academy on Birley Lane.

"Both adults suffered minor injures while the child was being "checked over", South Yorkshire Police said.

"The force said officers responded to reports of an incident involving a "sharp object" at about 08:50 BST.

"A police spokesperson said: "A 17-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and remains in police custody.

"Police will remain at the scene throughout the day to provide assurances to those in the school and the local community.""

Full story: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-68935455

Fingers crossed after his court appearance (if it gets to court) he will have a nice long holiday to think about his actions.

• Like 1